Chapter 17

The second he pulls his sword out I pull out the bow and arrow my father gave me. 'This isn't smart, before you can swing your sword, an arrow will be piercing through your chest.'

'Look at the Queen being all though. I will eat you alive.' He laughs. He pulls another weapon out of his holster. A gun.

I put my bow and arrow away. 'N'Yarai! What are you doing?!' 'You need your weapons!' T'Challa & Erik both say.

In the time I stayed at the Jabari tribe, not only did my father teach me about shooting arrows, but he taught me about speed. If he has a gun I will not be able to shoot my arrow in time. So this will just be a game of dodge and fight.

'This little girl thinks she is faster than my gun! You are even more foolish than I thought.' 'You are talking way too much when are you going to-' he cuts me off by pulling the trigger.

I immediately dodge. Shocked, I look at my body. Have I really been able to dodge that bullet? He looks at me in shock. 'What!? How can a human dodge a bullet? Impossible!' He lifts his gun up to shoot me again, but I grab it in a quick motion.

I throw it as far as I can. I see it lying meters away. Those lessons with my father really did pay off. 'You done now?' I ask semi-tired.

'I wasn't lying when I said I would finished you, I am-' I cut him off by puching him in the jaw. I kick him in the stomach and hook his leg making him fall on the ground.

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
I watch as the man fires his gun. I immediately run to Yara but T'Challa holds me back. In a blink of an eye I see her dodging the bullet.

My jaw falls to the ground. How can she be that quick?
She punches him in the jaw. I watch her every move.
Her moves aren't sloppy but graceful and tight. She is a miracle to look at.

'You done now? I've got things to do.' She asks.

She enters the castle with me on her heels. 'I never knew you could fight like that.' 'Then there are more things you don't know about me.'

'Yara, I got a surpise for you.' She turns around. 'What kind of surpise?'

'A special surprise.' I take her hand and lead her to our room.

N'Yarai Jabari POV
He stops before the doors. A big grin appears on his face. 'I know you didn't believe me when I said that I really wanted you in my life.' He begins.

This boy knows me too well.

'But.. Imma show you how much you mean to me.'
When he opens the doors I almost faint out of shock.

' When he opens the doors I almost faint out of shock

'Erik.. You did this?' 'No, I ordered a few warrriors to do it but I was the master mind behind it.' I roll my eyes and laugh. 'You really are crazy Killmonger.'

'That's the first time you ever called me by my nickname sweet cheeks.' 'Don't get used to it.'

I walk to the table full of his childhood pictures. 'This was the first time I ever shot a gun. My dad taught me how to protect myself.' He says while pointing to the picture with his dad and him both holding guns.

It means so much to me that he is finally opening up. 'And this one is where my mother taught me to cook her famous roti.' On the picture, a beautiful woman hugs Erik with a big smile on her face.

The same woman I saw in the photo on Erik's dresser.

'She's beautiful.' He clears his throat. 'Thanks.'

'I want you to know everything about me Yara.'

I sit on the pillows beside him

I sit on the pillows beside him. 'Take your time.' I take his hand in mine. He takes a deep breath. 'My mother was killed at the age of 32. I just turned 12. I always knew that my father was working with Klaue. As did somebody else.'

'One day, I came from school. Everything seemed normal until a few hours later. A loud knock sounded at the door. My mom told me to hide in the bedroom closet. I did what she told me to do.'

'The closet could never close properly. So I watched everything that went down through the crack of the closet.'

'She openend the door and a man dressed in all black, shot her. She didn't even had the chance to beg for her life. He killed her in cold blood.'

His face is filled with tears. He wipes them away. I grab his face. 'You are the strongest man I have ever known in my life. It is okay sometimes to let it all out. Pray to God in your hardships and when everything is going good. It helps.'

'Thank you for telling me.' I add smiling. 'Don't mention to anybody that I cried.' I laugh. 'I'll try not to.'

He places a kiss on my forehead.

'I love you N'Yarai Jabari.'

'I love you too, Erik Stevens.'

_______________________________________________

I ALMOST HAVE 4K READS!!!🎈🎈🎈🎉 THANK YOU SM!