Chapter 25

How am I supposed to do this? I pace back and forth. After having a mini panic attack, I walk in, and see Erik sitting at the edge of the bed. I close the door behind me and awkwardly walk towards him. We sit next to each other in silence. '..Erik, what happened there?' He clenches his jaw and fist. I put my hand on his. His grip doesn't loosen but the look in his eyes soften. 'I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked.'

He removes my hand from his. Although his movement wasn't rough, it broke my heart. I kneel before him. 'Erik, don't you know me anymore? It's Yara. We were supposed to be married but because of what happened it was pushed back. Whatever is blocking your memories and emotions.. fight it.' I bite my lip to refrain myself from crying. 'You know.. I always found you so irritating when you used to call me sweet cheeks. Now, I would do anything to hear it again.'

He looks at me in the eyes for a fraction of a second and glares back at the wall behind me. I let my head fall on his leg. I silently cry. I never thought that I would experience heartbreak this way. 

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
I watch from the corner of my eye how Yara kneels before me. I want to tell her that I love her, missed her even. But I can't seem to realize and say it. Something is blocking my feelings. All I feel is anger. Of course I feel angry towards Madam Slay but I don't want to make Yara feel guilty or upset. When she lies her head on my leg, I feel it getting wet. Normally when I see that she is crying I would comfort her, but this time all I do is look at her with disdain. Moments later, she drifts off, falling asleep.

I pick her up and place her on the bed. I only feel anger when I look at her. Even now when Madam Slay is dead, I'm a hundred precent sure she did something. I go to Nakia. When she sees me her eyes widen. 'Since when are you back?!' I've been staying in my room all day and all night. So nobody knew that I was back. 'I need your help.' I feel the anger inside me build up.

'She has done something Nakia. When I look at Yara, the only thing I feel is anger, no love, just pure anger. And I can't seem to think about something for a minute without getting angry. When I'm with Yara I'm not myself. I act like this cold person while in my mind, she's the only person I worry about.'

She grabs an old, dusty book from her book collection. 'What you are talking about is called the imebēti. She probably put some sort of spell on you so that your feelings for Yara would disappear. But I guess your feelings for her were too strong that's why it didn't disappear. It just shut off. I can fix it but I don't know if you're ready for the thing you're about to do.'

N'Yarai Jabari POV
I awake by a loud knock on my door. I lazily get out of  bed and open the door. 'I may have a chance if getting Erik back. You need to follow me. Now.' The sleep immediately disappears because of Nakia's words. I follow her into the underground garden that we have. I see him laying with his eyes closed in the sand. 'I don't know what you are going to do and I don't want to know either, but do you know for sure that this is going to work?' She nods. 'If he beats her then yes.'

I let my curiosity get the better of me. 'Come again? Her? What is happening?' She chuckles. 'In order for him to be freed, he needs to fight her in the third dimension world.' 'That the heck is a third dimension world? I've never heard of that.'

'It is a-' she is cut off by Erik his groaning. Nakia tries to cover him more with the sand. 'If he beats her - which will be tough because in there (third dimension world) she can still control his mind - the old Erik will return.' I nod relieved. I kneel beside him. 'Come on Erik, you got this.' I say while holding his hand.

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
When I enter the third dimension world, I look around the familiar jungle. 'You are finally man enough to come fight, I see.' Madam Slay says laughing. 'I will wipe that smile of your face.' 'Oh will you?' She says while she looks me deep in the eyes. I can feel her trying to control my mind. 'You ain't got me around your fingers no more!' I try to stab her but she dodges fast. 'You are just as pathetic as your little girlfriend.' I clench my jaw. 'You ain't about to talk that way about my fiancé!'

I pretend to want to punch her but I throw my dagger at her which cuts through her cheek. She charges towards me and cuts me on my chest with her sharp nails making me groan painfully. I suddenly hear Yara's voice echoing. 'Come on.. Erik... you got.. this.'

Her voice makes me remind all of the things this woman has put us through. I take no time and punch her in the jaw a few times. She spits up blood. 'You ain't no king! You're just a boy who is greedy for attention.' 'If I'm not a king then you are no Queen of the Jaguars. Those animals are too classy for you.' I stab her in the heart with my sword. She breathes heavily. 'Sleep tight.' I say smirking.

N'Yarai Jabari POV
I watch him like a hawk. After he groaned he hasn't move a single bit. 'Is everything okay with him?' I ask nervously. Nakia shrugs. 'We will know in a minute.' I hold his hand even tighter. If I lose him completely, then I don't know what I would do. He shoots up from his lying position. His breathing is heavy. He looks around until his eyes fall on me.

A frown appears on his face. Tears fill my eyes, thinking that his feelings for me are gone, until I see a smirk form on his face. I immediately jump on him making him fall back into the sand. 'I love you.. I love you so so much.' I whisper continually. 'I love you too sweet cheeks.' I smile wide, happy to hear my nickname from his lips again.

Since Erik has returned to his old self we have been inseparable ever since. He has never left my side and I never his. But now it's time to get back to reality. He has duties to fulfill as a king. After everything that happened we have decided to get married as soon as possible. 'Are you excited for your wedding tomorrow?' Shuri asks grinning widely. I nod. 'I've never been so ready for something.'

_______________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading!! I don't know if I will update tomorrow because I have to learn for my test & make homework, but if I don't update tomorrow I will make the next chapter waayy longer than this one.

You have probably read this so many times before but.. I want to thank you all for 10K readers. I made this book less than a month ago and its already growing so fast❤️❤️😭

THANKS THANKS THANKS!

Love E.🖤