Luke Hemmings #1

Soldier

His hands were wrapped around your waist tightly, not ever wanting to let go.

Your sad eyes, gazed into his beautiful, vibrant blue eyes. His eyes remind you of the ocean, they were iridescent and flecked with every shade of blue.

"Do you really have to leave?" You muttered.

He nodded lightly "I'm sorry baby."

"But why? Why can't you stay here with me?"

"Because I have to go Y/N, you know I'd stay if I could." He mumbled, stroking your hair.

"No one's making you go though Luke." You whispered.

"I'm only going so I can become a better man Y/N." Luke told you softly.

"You are a good man Luke."

He chuckled "No I'm not Y/N, you know that. I've done terrible things in my short life."

"That doesn't mean you're still that same guy Luke, you've changed so much."

He sighed, tracing small patterns on your palm "Can we please drop this? It's our last night and I'd love to make the most out of it."

You nodded; tears began to fill your eyes "I'm sorry, I just can't imagine waking up without you being beside me."

His heart faltered, he hated it when you cried "Sh, don't cry Y/N. I know it's going to suck. I can't imagine waking up without you in my arms either."

• • •

He held your hand tightly, walking through the airport doors.

You looked up at him, giving him a sad smile "This is it?"

"This is it." He nodded.

Tears began to fill your eyes; he opened his arms and engulfed you into a hug.

Your hands were wrapped around his neck tightly breathing in his sweet vanilla scent for the last time.

"I'm going to miss you so much." You cried into his shoulder.

He rubbed your back soothingly "I know, I know. Please don't cry Y/N, I hate seeing you like this."

"I'm sorry." You sniffled, "I just don't know what I'm going to do without you Lukey. You're my partner in crime."

The feeling of guilt washed throughout his body, his voice cracked "Hey, look at me."

Your head lifted from his shoulder, looking into his pained eyes.

"We're going to get through this okay? I'll try write to you whenever I can. If you ever need me use the radio we have up in the attic and I'll try my hardest to talk to you okay?"

You nodded, biting your lip "Okay."

"Can you do me one favour though Y/N? Just one?" He asked you.

"Anything."

He took your hands from his neck and held them tightly, interlocking your fingers.

He went down on his knee "I want to be known as your boyfriend when I leave, but when I return I'd love to be known as your fiancé."

A smile etched across your face as your eyes lightened up.

"Will you do me the honour in becoming my wife?"

Tears rolled down your cheeks vigorously, you nodded as you were lost for words.

He pulled out a small box from his pocket, opening it with care. He took out the beautiful ring that glistened in the light that reflected through the windows and placed it on your finger.

He stood up, with a grin on his face enveloping you in a hug.

For that very moment, you didn't have a care in the world, you were in the arms of the love of your life and you felt genuinely happy.

"Flight 6789 to Afghanistan is now boarding, Flight 6789."

"That's me." He whispered sadly.

Luke held his love for the last time, he cupped your soft cheeks. His lips hovered over yours, your lips were in perfect sync once they connected.

"Flight 6789, is boarding now."

You release him and quickly peck him on the lips for the last time and then watched at Luke picked up his suitcase and pulling you into a final embrace.

"Good bye my beautiful, I love you. I'll see you soon."

He began to walk to the boarding area; he looked back at you blowing a kiss, you pretend to catch it and bring your hands toward your heart and place your hands over your heart. Tears fall and stain your cheeks as you smile back at him.

"Goodbye my soldier."