{7} Make It Three

3rd Person POV

Mia was standing next to Thomas and was wrapping her arms around his. Along with her head leaning against his shoulder.

"Damn, Mia. At least something didn't change about you." Gally commented

"You know this guy?" Jorge asked and Frypan replied, "He's an old friend."

Newt stammers, "How-how is this possible? We watched you die."

"No, you left me to die. And if we didn't find you when we did, you'd be dead right now." Gally pointed out

He asked them, "What are you doing here?"

"Minho. Wicked has him." Mia answered and Newt added, "We're looking for a way in."

"It's true isn't it, Mia?" Gally asked. "That Minho is your brother?"

Mia nods her head and Gally commented, "I've always wondered why you guys were so close."

"Besides, I could help you guys." Gally said to them. "Follow me."

Thomas held onto Mia's hand and said, "We're not going anywhere with you."

"Suit yourself, but I could get you through those walls." Gally said to them

Mia looks up at Thomas and said, "It's okay. It's for Minho, remember?"

Thomas then nodded his head in reply and the crew started following Gally. As they were walking, Mia and Thomas were still holding hands and looking around the area.

Gally explained, "After the maze, I got picked up by a group heading to the city. They realized I was immune. Patched me up and brought me here. Lawrence. This group has been at war with Wicked since they took control of the city."

He continued, "But Wicked can't hide behind those walls forever. Days are gonna come when they're gonna pay for what they've done."

Gally stopped walking and turned around facing the crew, "Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So let me do the talking, alright? And try not to stare."

Gally walks away and the crew looked at each other. Thomas whispered to Mia, "Just stay close to me, okay?"

"I'm not going anywhere." Mia whispered back and sending him a small smile

They followed Gally down the steps and saw a man talking to himself and to the flowers surrounding him.

"Gally." Lawrence started off saying, "Glad to see that you made it back. Jasper told me what happened."

"There was a slaughter. There's nothing we could do against those guns." Gally told him

"No. But they could only poke the hornet's nest for so long before they get stung." Lawrence said then started to sniff the flower

He asked Gally, "Who are these people? Why are they here?"

"We need to get into Wicked. Gally said that you could get us through those walls." Thomas said taking a couple of steps forward

"Gally should know better not to make promises that he can't keep." Lawrence said and started to move towards them

He continued, "Besides, those walls are half your problem. Getting inside Wicked is impossible."

"We've dealt with impossible before." Mia commented

Gally pointed out, "There might be a way now. But it doesn't work without Thomas and Mia."

Thomas and Mia look at each other then at Gally. They both faced Lawrence as he asked, "Is that so?"

Lawrence came towards the light, fully revealing his face, and asked, "You know who I am, Thomas?"