{24} PTSD

3rd Person POV

Later on that same day, it was already dark out, Mia laid on her hammock with her eyes closed. She started to breathe heavily and her teeth clattering. Images of her mind came into play, imagining the horrible things that have happened to her.

With her family being separated, to her working at WCKD, to Mia being in love with Thomas and ended up being separated from her, from all her suffering and pain that she went through in the maze, glade, scorch, the last city, everything.

Mia felt the coldness surrounding her, remembering the glass box and the water rising up. The goosebumps started to develop on her arms. She would always remember the look on Thomas's face on the other side of the glass.

Mia remembered the water taking over her oxygen and the WCKD soldiers carrying Thomas away

"Mia! I'm so sorry! Mia!" Thomas screamed as loud as he could

"No! No, stop, please! Please! Please!" Mia shouted and held onto her hammock. "Leave him alone! Please! Thomas!"

Minho woke up and went over to Mia and held onto her, "Mia! Calm down!"

Mia's eyes shot open and felt the tears stream down. She kept on crying and screaming, sitting up. Minho then held onto her arms.

"Mia, shh, relax, okay? I'm here. I'm here. It's Minho." Minho said quietly. "It's your brother."

Mia kept on sobbing on Minho and he rubbed her back comfortably. "I'm here. You're safe, okay?"

She sniffled and wiped her tears, "I'm...gonna...I'm gonna go be alone for a little while, okay?"

"Mia..." Minho said softly and Mia responded, "I won't be far, Minho. I just want my space."

"I'm sorry if I woke you up. I'm so sorry about everything." Mia apologized and stood up. She grabbed the pillow and blanket

"Mia..." Minho continued and Mia replied, "I'm fine. I just need to be alone, Minho."

Mia strolled away and sat on the spot where she usually is on the beach. She laid her pillow on the log and covered her legs with the blanket.

She puts her knees up and her chin on top of them. She wrapped her arms around her knees and stared off into the distance. It might've been dark outside but in her eyes all she saw was fire. The burning orange, yellow, and red flame surrounding her.

Brenda trailed over to Mia with her blanket and pillow, "M?"

Mia started to breathe heavily feeling the heat on her body. Her forehead started to sweat and Brenda said softly, "Mia?"

Brenda puts her things down and sat next to Mia, "Mia...hey, look at me."

Mia's eyes slowly went to hers and a couple of tears dropped. "Brenda?"

"Hey, M." Brenda said with a small smile. "Just look at me, alright?"

"What the hell is happening to me, Brenda? Why am I re-living everything?" Mia questioned. "No matter where I look. It doesn't matter if my eyes are open or closed, I still feel it. I still remember."

"M, you're safe now. You still got us." Brenda confirmed. "You got your sister."

Mia giggled and asked, "What the hell are you doing here anyway?"

"I heard the screams. I knew it was you and I wanted to see how you're doing." Brenda pointed out

Mia responded, "Thanks, B. I don't know what's going on with me lately. I've been having these moments where I just lose it. And I can't control it."