{26} The Letter

3rd Person POV

Mia's smile faded and froze on her spot. She gazed up and slowly turns her head around.

Thomas chuckled and grinned, "Hey, beautiful."

Her mouth curved into a smile and she dashed over to Thomas. She jumps on him wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck

Thomas chuckled and held onto her, "Miss me?"

Mia lets out soft sobs on his shoulder, nodding her head. "Aw, baby." Thomas said softly and puts her down

Mia sobbed covering her mouth and averting her eyes. Thomas lifted up her chin and kissed her forehead, "I'm here, alright?"

"You...You're weren't waking up, Tom." Mia sniffled. "I thought..."

"Mia, I'm here, okay? Don't cry, baby." Thomas whispered wiping her tears with his thumbs

Mia hugs him again and whispered, "I love you, Thomas."

"I love you more." Thomas sniffled as he wrapped his arms around Mia holding her close. "You know, I wanted you to be the first person I see when I woke up."

Mia glanced up at him and whispered, "I wanted you to wake up before I did."

"You're still wearing it." Mia pointed out looking at the necklace with the item that Chuck gave them

Thomas glanced down and asked, "Why you'd give it to me?"

"Cause if I was gonna die, you have something to remember me by." Mia replied holding the item. "Chuck gave it to me as a way of saying goodbye. And I gave it to you as a way of saying I love you."

Thomas pointed out, "That was the scariest moment of my life. Thinking that there was a chance that was gonna lose you. Holy shit, just thinking about it."

Thomas wipes his tears and the water developing in his eyes. Mia sighed and replied, "How do you think I felt?"

Thomas softly chuckled, "Mia, no matter what, you're not leaving my sight, okay?"

"Why would I?" Mia asked. "I just got you back, Tom. I don't think I'm gonna be leaving anytime soon. Besides, there's no place that I would rather be than with you by my side."

Thomas smiled and took off the necklace and placed it around Mia's neck saying, "This is my way of saying I love you more."

Mia fixed her hair, moving it to one side. She glanced down at the item and smiled.

"Beautiful." Thomas commented and Mia replied, "Yeah, I know right."

Thomas gave a lopsided grin and said, "I was talking about you, Mia."

Mia's eyes sparkled in awe gazing at his whiskey brown eyes, "God I love you."

Thomas chuckled and placed his hands on her cheeks and slammed his lips onto hers. Mia held her breath and kissed back angling her head, and held onto his waist holding him close. Mia giggled as Thomas started to tickle her waist.

They both laughed and Thomas lifted her up twirling her around, holding onto her waist

---

Later on that same day, Thomas and Mia were hand-in-hand, strolling around the area. They walked to the crew as they were getting food and drinks.

"Hey, there they are!" Frypan called out with a smile

"I thought you guys would be making out by now." Brenda commented wiggling her eyebrows