Chapter & (see wat i did there)

Storm's POV

I woke up smiling. Caos was still asleep, curled up at my feet. Midnight was snoozing on his pillow, right next to mine. Crunch was snoring on the floor, as usual, Shadow was still in the corner with his arms crossed, eyes closed, Darkrai had left late at night to go to who knows where. I grabbed my pack and crawled out of bed, stepping carefully around Crunch's body to get to the bathroom. After taking a shower and getting dressed, there was a knock on my door. I tied up my hair as i made my way to the door. It was Blaze, with Sunshine perched on his shoulder. "Hi." He said a little nervously. "How's your back?" "It's fine. How's your back?" He laughed. "It still hurts a bit. Shadow is extremely strong! How long have you had him?" I smiled. I liked talking about my pokemon's strength. "Since i started out a few weeks ago." His mouth dropped open. "Whoa, you must of trained him for hours!" He exclaimed. "Hey, where are you headed from here?" "I'm going to Castielia City, heard there is a gym that i can kick butt in." I said, grinning. "Hey, i was just there a few days ago! I can show you around, if you'd like." He smiled. I shrugged and grabbed my bag, discovering that Darkrai had returned to his pokeball. "Let's go!" We headed out after all my pokemon were returned, but i let Caos stay out. Midnight jumped onto my shoulder, raring to go, as Caos trailed by my heels. We paid Nurse Joy for the window and rooms, bought a few potions, and left the Pokemon Center. As we were leaving, a kid stepped out of the apartment-like building next to the center. "Excuse me, are you a pokemon trainer?" The girl asked me, and i nodded. "How many badges do you have?" I showed her my box, complete with the Icirrus City badge, the Mistralton City badge, Driftveil City badge, and now Nimbasa City badge. She shook her head. "Sorry. Only if you had all the badges could you come and battle for a rank." She said as if we had asked. I scoffed. Brat. "Ta-ta newbie!" She grinned evilly. "By the way, i'm Amelia and i'm a four-star rank. Here's my Xtransiver number." She put it in my Xtransiver that i didn't even know she swiped. I grabbed it back and growled at her. "My, my newbie. Don't get angry and mess up your focus". I scoffed and continued to growl. I turned away with such force it ripped open the gash on my back again. I could feel the blood being soaked up by the bandage on my back that Koari had placed. I heard Ms. Brat snicker and say, "awww, you hurt yourself in battle while backing away into one of Clay's rocks? Wimp." I growled and walked away. "What a brat." I heard Blaze say. I snickered as i was deleting her number. "Got that right." I stated, and he grinned. We walked past the gates and onto the surprisingly dusty road of Route 4. I clutched Midnight and brought him in a hug-like stance so he wouldn't be whipped away by the wind. Blaze was doing the same to Sunny. After the gust of wind passed, we let our partners back to our shoulders and surprisingly survived a ton of weak backpackers, the sand turned to daggers by the wind, and a crapton of complaining done by Sunshine because of the sand in her fur and scratching her charm. We entered the next pass and sat down for a while. Blaze started to comb the sand out of Sunny's fur. Midnight didn't care and just shook the sand out of his fur. I walked out with Blaze by my side and we entered the huge city. I gasped and shoved Blaze in front of me. "Lead the way!" I said and then stated, "Onward to the Gym!" He rubbed his ribcage and laughed, then headed forward past a group of dancers that i gave 15 dollars. They were good. We, well, i ran into the mass of people, looking for the pokeball-like sign that stated the gym's presence. I felt a hand grab my wrist and saw Blaze shaking his head and pulling me down a different alleyway, pointing to the sign. I gasped and snickered, taking Blaze's hand and running to the entrance. I saw the paint-like globs on the wall and decorating doorways, some blocked, others open and welcome. Still gripping Blaze's wrist, i said hey to the guy by the entrance and ran through the sticky mess. Caos and Midnight were as excited as i was, but Blaze and Sunny were still catching their breath. Lucky for them, a dude in a jester suit stopped and challenged me. I beat him in two seconds flat with Midnight, and ran to the switches. After about two minutes of puzzle solving, battling, and Sunny's complaints of the paint goop, we were at the final battle. Sunny and Blaze sat down to watch while i stepped up to the plate. Burgh, the Gym Leader, said some crap and then released his first pokemon. I didn't care what it was, i just sent out Caos and began the battle. Burgh said some crap about type disadvantage and blah blah blah blah but then i powned him with a Grass Pledge. He just stood there for a few seconds, staring at his defeated pokemon like a zombie, eye twitching and shock on his face. I laughed and he returned his befallen pokemon. I whipped his butt and walked off with a shiny new badge in my box. Laughing, Blaze and i headed for Skyarrow Bridge. As we talked about stuff, i had a thought; maybe, just maybe, i had enough trust to travel with Blaze. Maybe.