Chapter 52

Crash's POV

I felt bad about lying to Mystique, don't get me wrong, but i just had to pair her with someone. Matchmaking is one of my special talents, and i love to use it. While Thrive and i moved her with the help of my Espeon Lilly, he sighed. "What's up?" I asked. "You're always pairing people up. Are you going to pair me with anyone?" I felt a pang. I've had a huge crush on him since we were little. "I have an idea for you, but i'm nervous to try it out." We placed Mystie in the desired location and walked our way down the hall back to our rooms. Thrive blushed and looked at the floor. "Are you okay?" I hesitantly placed a hand on his shoulder. He blushed even darker. "Yeah, i'm fine." We stopped outside his dorm. "No, you're not." I stood in front of him and studied his face, looking for something to give away his thoughts. He blushed deep red, and a little pink rose up onto my cheeks as well. I sighed. "You're scaring me. Please tell me what's wrong!" I pouted, embarassed and concerned. Thrive's face flooded with guilt, and he stuttered. You could read many of his emotions like a book. "Spit it out!" I said jokingly. He gave up and instead grasped me in a tight hug. I blushed deeply and patted his back. "You okay?" "I-i..." I blushed more and stepped back. "You probably need some rest. Goodnight, Florecess." He sighed and waved to me as i walked away. "Goodnight Dieserra." I heard a faint whisper, but didn't heed it any attention. Lilly curled up on the pillow i wasn't using and i fell asleep, wondering what Thrive was trying to say.

Spacia's POV

I turned over and opened my eyes a crack. I nearly jumped out of my skin when i saw Mystie there, asleep. My face burst into color and i rushed out of bed, looking around. Star woke up and whimpered. "Star, teleport Mystie back to her bed. Now." She did as she was told, and i sat back down, exhausted and embarassed. My face was still deep red, and i groaned. Who did this? Only Charly knew that i didn't sleep on the left side of the bed, so it could be her. But she would of had to get out of her pokeball, and how would she move Mystie without being seen? Star could of teleported her. I looked down at my Eevee. "Did you do this?" She shook her head. "Are you telling the truth?" Her eyes welled up and she nodded. I felt bad, so i took her in my arms and stroked her head. "I'm sorry Twinkle." I whispered, calming her down. "Who could it if been?" I asked her, confused and lost. She whimpered and tried to cheer me up by rubbing against my neck and shoulder. I stroked her again and got out her pokeball. She went inside it, and i stretched out on the bed. I changed into my pants and zipped up my jacket. I fastened my belt and left the dorms, walking around the woods. Mystie walked outside a few minutes later and waved to me. I waved back and she ran over. "Hey! Whoa, you look like you've seen a ghost." I touched my cheek. "Is it your illness? Are you okay?" She started to generate a chilly wind. "No, no. I'm perfectly fine." Mystie held my face in her hands and i blushed ferociously. "Well, your face is red instead of white now." I rolled my eyes and hid my head in my collar. "Hey, Crash told me about these snowy caves up by Dendemille Town called the Frost Cavern. Do you want to check it out?!" "S-sure." "Cool!" She grabbed my wrist and ran to the main clearing, were several legendaries and kids were lounging or eating. "Mom! Dad! Can Hyu and I go to the Frost Cavern?" Mrs. Storm looked up from her platter of berries. "Yeah, sure." "Be back soon." Mr. Van Thunder added, then continued to cook. As Mystie dragged me off, i heard Mrs. Storm talking about how much we were like them as kids. "Giratina, can you fly us to the Frost Cavern?" "I'm sorry kiddo, i've got to stay here." Mystie groaned and turned to me. "Can you get Star to teleport us there?" "She's never been. With our luck we'd end up in Kanto." She rolled her eyes. "What about Daro?" "He can't carry both of us." "I don't have a flying pokemon though!" "Then let's catch you one." Before she could say anything, i dragged her to Route 11. "Twenty percent chance of running into a Staravia. Lets test your luck." We didn't have to, a Staravia was watching us from a cluster of bushes nearby. Mystie started by sending out Aquoa, then using a quick ball. It shook thrice and clicked, signaling the catch. "There's my luck, all tested out." She stuck her tongue out at me, and i returned it. "Here." I handed her a Rare Candy. "Evolve it." "How do you know it's going to evolve?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "It's feathers. The little twirl at the top had a twing of red, and the flight feathers were extremely long." She rolled her eyes and sent out the Staravia. "What is your name?" Mystie asked, gently crouching down. "Ravello. Why do you ask?" He cowered, scared. Mystie took the Rare Candy and unwrapped it slowly. "Here. I'm Mystique, but please call me Mystie." Ravello hesitantly took the Rare Candy in his beak and ate it. He began to glow, then evolved into a Staraptor. "Ravello, can you do me a favor and lead Hyu's Dragonite Daro to the Frost Cavern?" Ravello smiled and gave a short laugh. "Of course!" I looked at Mystie. She was a miracle worker. Just two seconds ago this pokemon was scared if her, and now he acted as if he knew her his whole life. "Alrighty. Thank you!" Mystie knelt down and unzipped the pack on my belt, rummaging around for Daro's pokeball. I blushed deeply and drew it out from under her nose. I held it out to her, my face still red, and she smiled. "Thanks Hyu!" She took it from my hands and started to zip up the pack. "No, i got it." I fastened it back while she sent out Daro. "Daro, please follow Ravello and Mystie." He nodded to acknowledge my request, and i jumped onto his back. Mystie mounted Ravello and he flew off, Daro and I following in their wake. We reached the Frost Cavern in a matter of minutes, landing outside the entrance. "Thank you Ravello!" Mystie stroked his head and he rubbed against her hand. She returned him as i returned Daro. "How do you do that?!" I asked. "What?" "Get pokemon to like you so quickly!" She moved her hands in made-up combat moves. "Mad skills!" I rolled my eyes and shoved her lightly. "Hey!" She stuck her tongue out at me. I sent out Star and Charly for their company. Star chirped and jumped into my arms, while Charly sat on my shoulder. I carried Star as we all walked inside. "Whoa!" Mystie walked around, taking in the vast scene. It was a massive cave, with ice and snow slopes scattered around miscellaneously. "Let's go this way!" Mystie ran off towards the ice, and i followed. She jumped onto the frozen floor and zipped around, doing stunts. I cautiously stepped on the ice and slid towards the wall. I held out one arm to catch myself, then turned around. "Hyu!" Mystie slid up to me, stopping by digging her heel into the ice. "Do you know how to skate?" I shook my head. "Here, i'll teach you." She chirped and cooed, then used other sounds to get Star to jump onto my other shoulder, opposite of Charly. She grabbed my hands and slid to the center of the frozen floor, slow and careful. My cheeks colored a little. "Alright. It's kinda like walking, except you slide with each step. Here." She moved to my side and held my arm. The color on my cheeks darkened, but i still slid in sync with Mystie. I learned quickly, and soon Mystie was teaching me tricks. "Hyu! Try this!" Mystie glided quickly, spinning. She then jumped up and twirled in midair before landing again, continuing in a straight line. I laughed, then handed her Star and Charly. I slid with each foot quickly and swiftly, gaining speed. I pushed off with my right foot and jumped, spinning in the air. I landed perfectly, but wobbled a bit. "Great job!" Mystie slid up, bumping into me. We laughed and continued skating for a long while.