Chapter 25

*side note* day two of no wifi, starting to panic.

Blaze's POV

After lunch, all of us jumped from branch to branch playing tag or some other game. "Hey Storm, how about we stay here instead of a center?" I called up to her. She was all the way at the top, and claimed a branch right under the leafy canopy. She looked down. "What about the stormy weather? Lightning could strike us." "No, its always clear here. I live just off the coast of Undella Bay, and ever time i go into town for groceries, talk of the weather is crazy. 'Always clear over here on the first, but people in Iccirus and Driftveil have some terrible experiences.' If i had a pokeball for every time i heard something like that, i would have enough to catch every pokemon in the world twice." Storm laughed. "By the way, did you hear about that new region they found?" I asked. She shook her head. "They just found it, and are starting to build cities. They don't even have a name for it yet!" Storm's eyes widened. "Woah!" I laughed. Storm smiled. "Okay, let's camp here. HEY GUYS!!" She shouted. All pokemon turned to her. She hung upside-down from her legs and spread her wings out. "WHO WANTS TO STAY HERE INSTEAD OF THE POKEMON CENTER?!?!?!" "ME!" "Me!" "Me too!" "I do!" "Yeah!" "Sounds great!" A flurry of agreements flowed out. "GET A BRANCH BEFORE THEIR ALL TAKEN!!" She shouted again. We all flew, floated, walked, or jumped to some sort of branch. I settled near the bottom with Sunshine, Caos was wrapped around a branch in the middle, Koari was near the bottom next to me on a thick branch, Tyjore was in the middle next to Shadow, Mist was floating higher up, Crunch was near the bottom, and Midnight was next to Storm on the same branch. Cresselia took one near me, and Darkrai took one near Storm. We all carved our names into out branches; Shadow, Koari, Sunny, Darkrai, Storm, and i all used our claws, Caos used his tail, Cresselia and Mist used Psychic, and everyone else either used their teeth or got help. "Caos?" Storm called. He looked up at her. "Use Frenzy Plant so no one sees us!" He nodded and slithered down to the ground. He stuck his tail intothe dirt and sent roots twisting around the tree. When they reached the start of the leafy canopy, Caos stopped them. He left an opening for himself, and after he slithered up, he closed it. "Hey, everybody!" Caos called. "Come here!" We all clambered around until we surrounded him. "Let's play 'Infection'" he smirked. "Okay, but you're not it. You have the highest speed stat out of all of us." Crunch protested. Caos sighed. "Okay..." "What's Infection?" Tyjore asked. "Yeah?" I seconded it. Shadow jumped up to explain. "Its when one person starts as it, and every time he or she tags someone, they get an 'infection' and also become it, so in the end, everyone is infected, and so its a new game." My team nodded. "Okay, so..." Caos started spinning in circles, "You're it!" He pointed his tail at Sunny. "Count to ten!" When she started counting, we all ran to hide. I hid myself behind the trunk, and i looked around to see i wasn't the only one. "Psst." I looked up. Storm was hanging upside-down and clung to a branch fifteen feet above my head. The branch was so thick, if you walked on it you wouldn't of seen her. She smiled, but then we heard Sunny stop counting. "Come on!" Storm whispered. I started my decent slowly, climbing up the trunk. I clambered under a branch next to Storm, and dug my claws into the white bark of the tree. "Ah, come on! No fair! Im too slowww!" We heard the unmistakible complaints of Crunch. We looked down to see Sunny was on top of him, grinning. "You're infected." she chimed. I stifled a laugh. With the help from several others tagged, she got everyone except Caos, Storm, Shadow and I. Caos was impossible to tag, he was too fast. Shadow was using his Illusion ability to disapear mid-chase. I tried so hard not to laugh every time someone walked under or over us, shouting, "Where are you!" Repeatedly. But soon enough, Crunch found us. He plopped on his back and whined. "I'll never find theemmmmmmm..." then he opened his eyes. "GUYS I FOUND THEM!! GUYS!!" Everyone came running and soon enough Storm and i were tagged. She ended up finding and tagging Shadow, who cursed silently, and i devised a plan. "Okay, Shadow, go by the trunk and use your ability to blend in, Everyone else..." after some plannage, we were ready. I started the chase, and everyone else joined on the sides. We rounded him to the tree, working like a pack of wild Mightyena chasing their prey. He was laughing histerically, knowing we'd never catch up. We pressured him to the tree, then Shadow popped out of nowhere and tagged him. Caos let out a small shriek. "No! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo..." he feined dying. "Beaten at my own game..." he cried. We all laughed. "We win!" Storm picked up Caos and gave him a noogie. "Cheer up. Next time we play, you're it." All her pokemon groaned, but we got over it. "Dinner anyone?" I asked as i pulled out a few berries. I had razz and watmel. After giving a few razz to Shadow, Tyjore, Crunch, Midnight, and Sunny, i chopped the watmel with Caos' help. "Do you want a slice? I know you're allergic to razz." He nodded and shoved a slice in his mouth. "AMAZING!" He exclaimed after swallowing. Afterwards, we all went to our branches, and for once Sunny slept somewhere else. She usually sleeps on my chest, but tonight she was on a different branch, curled up next to Dusk. I sighed. She's getting too old. I remember when she was an Eevee. I let my mind wander for a while until i fell asleep. My last thought was; My birthday is tomorrow.