Chapter 13

"Steady Maria!" Robin exclamied rushing over to me and holding me up. "You have a problem with fainting my love"

I steadied myself and stood up straight, regaining control. I looked back to the door way and my eyes were not decieving me.

There were truely the three people I had missed the most for so so long.

"Ms Heliotrope! Uncle! Marmaduke!" I blurted across the hall. Robin willingly let me go and let me rush over to my family. Loveday was already hugging Uncle and kissing his cheek.

"Benjamin! Oh how I have missed you my dear" She said, holding him close.

I went to Marmaduke first and he lightly kissed my hand "Long time no see Moon Princess"

" 'Tis true, good to see you are well Marmaduke" I chuckled. He was wearing his little chefs hat as normal and a little black and grey cable knit jumper.

Then I span around to see Miss Heliotropes eyes welling up with tears. "Don't cry Ms Heliotrope. It's only me, Maria" I soothed to her wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Oh don't be silly Maria! I know it is you. Y - you look so grown up a - and happy and so beautiful my precious child" She started to temble and pulled away. I felt tears welling up in my eyes and I sniffled.

"Don't you start crying too Maria, silly girl" A voice warned from behind me with a hint of kindness. I turned to look at the person I had missed the most with his tall dark hair and long leather jacket and boots.

"Uncle!" I lept on to him and he held me up to his face.

"You do look older already. I see Robin has taken good care of you and you are well and very safe here" Uncle said, lightly kissing my forehead.

A tear ran down my eye " I am very happy. Even more so now that you are here"

Uncle quickly wiped away my tear "Maria, this is your day, you are not to cry child!"

I blushed "I shall try Uncle" and he put me firmly on the stone cold floor.

"Now everything is settled, let the celebrations begin!" Uncle boomed across the hall. A small band appeared at the top of the stairs playing a beautiful light hearted song, maids rushed through carrying plates of food and placing out a golden table cloth across the table. They were rushing about everywhere.

"Uncle, I have one small request" I whispered to him.

"Of course, anything Maria" He replied leaning in closer.

"That the maids join us for dinner and celebrations"

Uncle looked surprised at first "I don't see why not. I shall go to the kitchens and tell them. May I ask why?"

"They have done so much for me these past couple of weeks and I want them to enjoy themselves for a night" I smiled.

Uncle nodded "Of course. That's very sweet of you Maria. Now, go enjoy yourself"

I hugged him one last time and hurried over to Robin and wrapped my arms around his waist. "This is the best birthday I have had so far. I can't thank you enough Robin"

"That is no problem my dear" And a smile reached across his perfect face. He kissed me lightly. "This isn't even the start of it yet, come, lets go dance" He pulled me into the middle of the floor and twirled me around. Soon the maids and footmen came and joined us, joining in with the celebrations. Then, the main doors opened and one by one people from the village that I knew started to fill the hall. I greeted each one and they wished me a happy day and gave me a small gift which I reluctantly wanted to take. Then I recognised a family that I helped settle into Moonacre. The couple had a little boy dressed up into a little suit and he handed me a bunch of beautiful red roses.