Chapter 32

After completing my good deed for the day, I felt satisfied and had pottered around in the village for a few hours. I'd collected a few more flavoured teas for Robin to make drinking hot drinks more bearable and picked some wild flowers to brighten up our room. Periwinkle and Wiggins were happy following behind me, with Wiggins getting in the way of Periwinkle every so often causing the feisty mare to nip out at him. I'd laughed at their little rants and continued pottering until I was so deep in thought I ran into a hard figure, dropping a few flowers from my hand.

"I'm so sorry..." I apologize crouching down to pick up the flowers.

"No no don't be, it was my fault" An unfamiliar voice said whilst their hands were helping me to pick up the flowers. I looked up and my eyes met with a pair of luminous green eyes. They belonged to a boy not much older than me with dark curly hair. I stood up and straightened myself out, regathering the bunch of flowers in my hand.

"I'm John, again I am sorry for walking into you" The boy reached his hand out handing me the flowers.

"Thank you, I'm Maria" I said putting the flowers safely in the basket.

"Oh I know all about you" he smirks and walks away.

I was not sure weather to feel flattered of slightly scared...

I brushed his strange comment off and decided to go back to the castle. It wasn't late but there wasn't much else for me to do. I mounted Periwinkle and picked Wiggins up on to my lap as we headed back.

Digweed was at the foot of the hill as we approached and kindly took Periwinkle from me as I gathered my things. I hurried straight past Uncle and Loveday who were sat in the corner of the hall and went to my room for I was desperate to see Robin. It had been hard thinking about him in the village, I hoped he hadn't become worse.

I creaked open the door and he was laying under what looked like hundreds of blankets. His face looked smooth and peaceful, he looked like he had been sleeping for hours and I wasn't going to wake him. I placed the basket of teas by the door and took the flowers to the empty jade green vase on the windowsill. As I took a step back, I clumsily fell back on to a pair of shoes left by the bedside and fell onto the bed. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping I didn't wake Robin.

"Maria?"

Damn it. "Hi"

"Where have you been?" Robin croaked.

"Just into the village for a few things. I ran into a boy named John, he seems okay" I replied, I stood myself up then sat on the bed.

"Does he have green eyes, dark brown hair?"

"Yes he does. Do you know him?" I ask curiously.

"He's not good Maria. Stay away from him" Robin warned.

I was slightly taken aback by his words but thinking about what John said made me think otherwise. "I will. What's wrong with him?"

Robin sighed "He's just trouble and I don't want you to go near him"

"I..."

"Nothing else to be said" He dismissed, sounding just like Uncle.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked, changing the subject.

"The same"

I somehow got the vibe that he was upset with me. "I'll go make you some tea" I stood up and smooth out my dress and take the basket of teas.

"Please not that stuff" he complained. "I'm starting to dislike it"

I knew he didn't like it already "Don't worry, I bought some different flavours that might interest you" I place my hand on the door knob.