Chapter 30

(Wow Chapter 30 already:0)

It was extremely hot as I woke up in the morning no thanks to Robin moving away from me. I pulled the bed sheets off from around me and quietly crept out of bed. It must have been midday, for when I looked out the window the sun was high in the sky. It was almost midday! I had the church ceremony to attend to at noon!

I rushed around gathering my formal clothes which was a long dark blue velvet dress and a black shaul and quickly put them on. I was making a lot of noise and Robin didn't batter an eyelid.

I brushed my hair and made it neat and tidy and slipped on my black shoes.

Robin still didn't move. I went to check him and his skin was freezing cold. I pushed the bed sheets over him a little more. I was sure that alcohol didn't make you the way Robin was in the morning. As he felt the warmth he looked up to me.

"W - what's wrong?" He asked confused.

"I think you are coming down with something of some sort. You are extremely cold"

He just groaned.

"I'm going to the church ceremony in a moment. I think you should stay in bed today and rest" I told him.

He groaned again "But I need to come with you. I need to be there for you" he protested trying to sit up.

I pushed him back down "I will be fine. I really think you should stay here and sleep. I'll have enough people there to take care of me"

He closed his eyes again. "Be careful"

"I shall. See you this afternoon" I kissed his forehead, took my habit (a top hat with a veil on the front) and left the room, shutting the door behind me.

I fixed my habit on my head as I walked down the stairs where Uncle, Loveday, Couer De Noir, Marmaduke and Ms Heliotrope were waiting by the door dressed in their best. Loveday was wearing a pretty red dress with lace on her chest and arms and Ms Heliotrope wore a green long dress with a shaul.

"I thought you would never wake up Maria!" Uncle joked as I approached them.

"I'm sorry, I must have overslept" I apoligized.

"Is Robin not joining us?" Uncle asked looking up the stairs.

"No he isn't. He seems to have come down with something" I frowned.

"Oh dear. I hope he will get better soon" Uncle sympathised. "Anyway, let us go. Ladies you have a coach to yourselves. Us men shall follow in one behind" Uncle opened the door to let us through and there were two carriages lined up outside the door. One with two black freisan horses and one with two white andulusians.

Us ladies rode in the carriage with the two white horses at the front and Uncle, Marmaduke and the Couer De Noir rode in the black freisan carriage.

We set off for Silverydew with the weather shining. Along the way I noticed that there was no longer a pile of leaves at the bottom of each tree and there were now blossom trees in full bloom as well as oak and elm trees. The flowers were all different colours and made the surrounding area feel happy.

We were soon in Silverydew and the whole village it seemed was in the momorial area of the church. The carriages drew to a halt and we all hopped out. Before the ceremony had started I had one thing to do. I had to go visit Charles's family. There home was only a short walk away and I saw it around the corner of the street. I approached and knocked on the door.

A woman with long brunette hair in a long black dress opened the door. She looked surprised to see me. "Maria. I didn't expect you to come. What a nice surprise" She welcomed me in and I stood in the hallway of her cozy little home.