Chapter 26

"I think that's the best night sleep I've ever had" Robin complimented as we woke up in the morning.

"Is that because I was here or...?" I laughed as I rolled over to face him.

"Don't flatter yourself Princess" Robin joked. He sat himself up and rubbed his face. "Get up, we have to head out soon" He threw a small pillow at me.

"Ugh, but it is so cozy!" I moaned.

"Not anymore!" He retaliated, ripping the bed sheets off of me.

"Robin!" I cried.

"Mariaaaaaa" he mocked in a high pitched voice.

I gave him my straight face and threw the pillow back but he managed to dodge it. Wiggins then piped up and started to properly bark.

"Oh look who has their own bark now" I said to Wiggins who just continued to bark.

"Alright, alright Wiggins" Robin said throwing a pillow at the poor pup when he didn't stop barking.

I eventually got out of the warm bed and went to the bathroom to get washed. I bent my head down to put it under the cool water but when I looked up there was a figure in the mirror behind me. I was about to scream when Alex put his hand over my mouth and pulled me out of the bathroom to face Robin.

"You put her down now" Robin instructed sternly.

"Why should I? Look what she's done to me after all!" Alex pointed to the scar running down his face. He pulled out a dagger and put it to my neck and my eyes grew with terror.

"Look, I don't know what Duncan has done to you, but he has made you think that all the problems are to do with Maria. Alex, you must listen to me, Maria has done nothing wrong, she is innocent. That scar on your face, I made that, not Maria. Let her go, if you're going to kill someone, kill me" Robin bargained.

Alex let me go and I ran straight into Robin's arms where he held me close and stroked my hair.

"I think you should leave" Robin told Alex.

"You're right Robin. Duncan has drilled Maria being the problem into all of our heads. But she is not, you are right. I want to help you now" Alex said.

"I don't think so. Goodbye Alex" Robin said, pointing to the door. "Don't let yourself be seen" Robin added.

Alex nodded and left.

Robin sat me down on the bed "Are you alright?"

I was quivering slightly but fine "Yes just in a bit of shock, that is all"

"I'm sorry, I should have checked the room before" Robin apoligized.

"You couldn't have known he would be in there" I said hugging him. "You don't have to be sorry for everything"

"But I have to look after you and that is what I am going to do" He buried his face in my hair.

"Come, we need to get ready, don't worry about it anymore" I kissed his cheek and went to my drawers to pick out a dress. I chose a green three quarter length dress with a red belt around the middle which was perfect for my dagger. I did my hair a clipped it up a bit and then turned to face Robin who was staring at me. "Something the matter Robin?" I asked him.

He seemed to snap out "You look beautiful like that"

I blushed a little "Thank you" Robin looked the same as usual with his spikey jacket, black shirt and trousers and heavy boots and of course his bowler hat with the feathers. "Come let's go, we can take breakfast with us" I took his hand and we went down the many steps to the kitchens where we put Wiggins back and took an apple and banana each for breakfast. We walked out to the bottom of the road where Wrolf joined us out of the trees and happily walked along side of me.