Chapter 28

Robin's P.O.V cont.

"No please no" Sir Benjamin cried rushing over to me.

"I'm sorry" I sobbed "It was too late" If only I had been that minute quicker...

"My prescious child" His face creased as he stroked her hair. He looked up to Duncan with anger on his face "You are a murderer! You did not open that box!" He raged.

Duncan looked smug "What proof do you have, brother?"

Sir Benjamin faced us again with anger on his face.

I looked down to Maria and she still showed no emotion. She looked so peaceful and calm.

I could have sworn I saw her hand twitch and her eyes flicker.

Her hand twitched again and a strong gust of wind flew through the field, slamming the box in Duncan's hand shut.

He looked angrier than I had ever seen him before "Witchcraft!" He cursed.

"Please Duncan, would you be ever so kind as to open that box again for us?" Loveday said sweetly.

Duncan's expression changed from anger to worry. He fiddled with all the locks and openings but nothing happened and he started to get a temper like a little child.

I sat down on the grass with Maria still in my arms. She was doing something, I could feel it through me. The sky turned dark with big clouds, which sent the valley into utter darkness. The only light was shining out of the manor which just lit up the field.

"What is happening?!" Duncan worried scanning the surroundings.

I smirk appeared on my face knowing that Maria was causing the weather to turn. I kissed her forehead "I love you"

Her little white horse appeared at the top of the stairs dispersing more light everywhere. Maria was still in my arms but her eyes were closed and only her hands and eyes moved but she still had no pulse.

"Looks like you have lost this war, Duncan" Sir Benjamin called to him.

"Impossible!" Duncan answered back.

"I have the papers to prove it" Sir Benjamin approached the steps with caution and handed over the papers from the inside of his coat.

"I know what they say!" Duncan roared "I paid for them to be away from you!"

Sir Benjamin's face was in shock "You have committed fraud!"

I felt something shift in my arms. Maria was moving!

A stunning bright light was radiating off her causing me to close my eyes.

She woke up in my arms with perfect hair and was dry and well.

"Maria!" I sobbed into her.

She wrapped her arms around my neck "I love you too" she whispered.

* * * * * * * * *

Maria's P.O.V

The sky was black and the air was cold and windy. I couldn't see anything but the manor and my little white horse.

Uncle and Duncan were stood on the porch staring down at each other with the documents on the floor. I could hear everything they were saying whilst I was unconscious.

I gazed up to Robin who was staring down at me with melty eyes. I smiled at him and stood up. I didn't need his jacket and I placed it it around his shoulders to keep him warm. He was still dripping wet. I walked through the centre of the armies on either side of me and they all turned to look. The Moonacre side bowed down to me as I walked through whereas Duncan's army plain stared in shock. I made it to the steps and stormed up them to face Duncan.