4. The Scars Don't Always Heal

A/N: this chapter may be bad. But it may not be. It revolves around what you readers think. Please, tell me how I did. Feedback is always nice.

~~~

Bert looked in the backseat of Jepha's rusted cobalt grey Caddilac at Frank and Gerard in the backseat. Gerard was unconscious and Frank had the black haired boy's head on his lap. Frank was wiping blood off of the boy's bleeding face and giving him worried looks when he made small whimpering or grunting noises. Gerard looked totally helpless, weak and broken. Bert wanted to be the first face Gerard would see when he awoke, but he knew that wasn't going to happen if Frank was here. Bert liked Frank and all, but something about the kid attracted Gerard. Bert didn't like that.

"Do you even fucking know where the Hospital is?" Bert asked looking at Jepha who was straining his hands against the wheel. Bert looked back again at Gerard, he was deathly pale, if that's even possible against his already white skin tone. The blood intensified it.

"Yeah I know where the fucking Hospital is, Bert. Don't rush me bro. I gotta fucking pay attention to the law. I can't get a ticket while rushing an unconscious bum to the hospital, Bert." Jepha growled. (They all call each other Bums :3). Bert sighed heavily.

"He's fine Bert. He's still breathing, he's all good." Frank told him, Bert locked eyes with Frank with a dark expression. But then he regretted looking at the younger boy like that because Frank got an even darker expression, murderous. "He's not dying." Frank ground out. Frank looked down and brushed Gerard's long tangled hair out of his face. Bert gripped the hem of his shirt and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. He lit one and gave it to Jepha who quickly took it and placed it between his lips and continued driving. Bert lit one himself and looked at Frank with narrowed eyes.

"What if he's in a coma or something?" Bert asked. Frank glared at him with angry golden hazel eyes.

"He's not. He's just.. unconscious." Frank told him.

"He's hurt. He's unconscious. We're taking him to the Hospital where he can get better. Can we stop talking about him dying?!" Jepha asked angrily.

"Sorry." Bert whispered.

"Who were those guys?" Frank asked after a long silence. Bert turned in his seat to look at Frank again.

"Those were the Crew. Jock Crew. Then..all those other guys are the football team. They're all assholes. They have a thing against Gerard..because he was the first guy here along with me that is I guess..'Emoshit'. So they have been beating Gerard up since he was in 9th grade." Bert explained. "Me since 10th though, that's when I got here. Gerard was in 10th as well. I made the mistake of trying to save his add, and that's hoe we became friends. But it was worth it." Bert told him.

"Scars don't always fade, they're sometimes underneath the skin." Frank pointed out oddly.

"Huh?" Bert asked confused.

"He may seem fine after this, but don't expect him to really be fine. Sometimes scars don't always show. He'll have memories of this, and they'll hurt him. He wont be totally alright for a while." Frank explained. Bert nodded his head slowly and looked at his unconscious friend. Gerard was still deeply unconscious and he was bleeding from every cut, scrape, gash that he had. Bert wanted to somehow jump into Gerard's mind and wake him up and makes sure he was okay, but he knew that it was impossible and that Frank had it under control. Maybe Frank was right, maybe Gerard was suffering inside. But no one else noticed because Gerard put on an act. He lived in lies. Lies of the Liar.