15. Take The Pain Away

A/N: this is dedicated to frerard_forever cause this person answered the song lyrics in the chapter "Rabid". -Gerard

__________________________________

Gerard felt Frank's hand in his. The warmth spreading through his cold body. His sight foggy and unclear. He could just make out Frank's image through the blurriness. He felt liquid or something emptying out of him. The floaty feeling he had earlier was gone.

"Keep him awake, Frank. Don't let him fall asleep." Someone ordered, Frank nodded. Gerard couldn't hear everything like he should have. But he recognized imthe voice as Doctor Martin (Doc).

"Is he alright?" Frank asked, he probably didn't know that Gerard was awake. But Gerard couldnt move. Something had made him go numb, the little prick in his neck he had felt earlier.

"When he got shot, he must have hit his head. He may have a concussion and this is a major symptom of it. A slight breakdown of his sanity. Keep him awake, there are chances he may slip into a coma." Doc answered, Gerard felt pressure down on his stomach and a prick near his waist.

"But he is bleeding, how is that a symptom?" Frank asked.

"Sometimes a extreme concussion can cause changes in emotion as if one was bipolar. He is going through one of those symptoms." Doc answered.

"Just...t-take the pain a-way." Gerard slurred with a grunt of pain as Doc put some wound cleaning stuff in the injury on his waist. Gerard could begin to feel everything. He gripped Frank's arm tight as he could.

He could feel the chemicals going deep inside of him, the bubbles forming inside tye wounds. "Shit, some of the stitching inside have torn open. Gerard? Can you hear me?" Doc said.

"Ya..a tad." Gerard muttered.

"How deep did you go to rip them open?" Doc asked.

"Ha..ha. I f-felt my insides." Gerard said with a weak chuckle. "Fuck..." he murmered.

"I can't move you, we have to do it in here. I have to restitch it. Frank hold his hand okay? I can't get any painkillers for him yet." Doc said. Frank nodded and gripped Gerard's hand tighter.

"Why can't you?!" Frank asked loudly.

"If we move him to much, he could die. The wounds are severely close to an artery." Doc said grimly. Gerard felt light headed. His nails dug into Frank's hand which made Frank wince slightly. Gerard grunted slightly and Frank gripped Gerard's hand. Bert was still in the hall, sick to his stomach.

"D-dont." Gerard stuttered. Doc shook his head and pressed another needle into Gerard and injected it into his system.

"I can't lose you Gerard. You have to stay awake and pull through this." Frank whispered in Gerard's ear. Gerard lazily looked at him and nodded, he could slightly feel Doc fixing him up, but then he started slipping from conciousness. "Gerard?" Frank said, Gerard's eyes fluttered open and he looked at Frank.m, his eyes closed once more. "Gerard!" Frank said louder. Gerard gripped Frank's hand tighter as he could manage.

__________________________________

Gerard laid in the Hospital bed. Soreness was going through him. He felt everything. Frank's head was resting on the side of the bed, the chair he was in was tipped slightly. He snored quietly.

Bert was in a chair on the other side of the room asleep and Donna walked in holding a glass of corfee (Ember..you should know this. And Neve).

"Gee, you're up?" Donna asked walking to his bedside.

"I haven't been asleep..I just, couldn't..m-move." Gerard muttered looking at her.

"Oh god, baby. I'm so happy you're awake. Frankie called me after they were done stitching you back up." Donna said. She set her cup down and reached out with a hand to brush Gerard's hair out of his face.

"I didn't know that. How long have I been 'out'?" Gerard asked.

"Frank and Bert said that it was right after Mr. Martin fixed you up." Donna said.

"Oh." Gerard said.

"Baby, its alright. You're okay now. You just need to rest." Donna assured him, she kissed his forehead and Gerard smiled weakly. He looked down at Frank and ran hid fingers over the short fuzzy blonde hair on the side of his head. Frank mumbled in his sleep.

"Linda is in the waiting room with Mikey. Do you want them to come in?" Donna asked.

"Linda hates me." Gerard said.

"Shes kind of mutual now, Gerard." Donna said. "Gee, can I ask you something?"

"Oh, yeah. Shoot." Gerard replied.

"Do you really like Frankie?" Donna asked.

"I dont wanna talk about this." Gerard said dully.

"Gee, you know you do." Bert said stretching his arms. He yawned and scratched his head. "Don't deny it dude." Bert said smirking.

"B-bert." Gerard mumbled.

"Dude, its so true." Bert said looking at Donna.

"I just wanna hear it from Gee." Donna said. Gerard nodded his head and looked down at the sleeping Frank. He ran his fingers through the longer hair.

"I do." Gerard said. Donna nodded and left the room sipping her corfee. Gerard looked at Bert. "Is it that ob-obvious?"

"Yeah dude." Bert said smiling, he got up and excused himself to the bathroom. Gerard sighed and closed his eyes still brushing his fingers through Frank's hair.

That boy saved Gerard's life. Gerard owed him that. Frank mumbled in his sleep once more and moved his arm up and draped it around Gerard's. Gerard smirked. He really did like Frank, a lot. More than he thought. He didn't want to lose Frank, he wanted to keep him. In a way. Like Frank had told him before, that he was drawn to him. Gerard was drawn to him as well, and he never wanted to let go.