27. Death By Cancer

A/N: so, I wrote a good ammount of pages earlier and I went to post it, and it cut half of it off. I was likw "ah hell naw bitch." So here I am rewriting it for you people. Ember, you're lucky I love you haha. Anywho, please, if you read and then vote, please leave a comment. I love comments, I don't care if it is just "oh I love this chapter" or "write more" it just makes me feel better and want to write more. So, this is attack two cause I already wrote this. Read vote COMMENT. -Gerard

____________________________________________

Gerard and Frank were in the car silently, they had been driving for a good hour or so. Rain was pouring down, Gerard's head was pounding. Before the two boys left, Gerard had slammed two bottles of Jack Daniels and half a bottle of straight vodka. He was drunk, yet he was a fairly good driver, it came with his artistic ability. Frank hadn't seemed to notice.

"So, will I see you aftee this?" Frank asked. Gerard glanced at him and sighed, Frank looked so unsure aand nervous.

"I think so. I've been busy in Manhattan." Gerard replied, he gripped the steering wheel and straightened the car's path, he noticed that when he glanced at Frank the car had veered a little too far to the right. He reached up to his face and rubbed one eye at a time.

"What do you do there?" Frank asked curiously, he was adjusting his legs so he sat pretzel style. Gerard let out a long breath, he was tired, his eyes burned from crying all weekend.

"I sell my artwork, commissions and such. And then I've got to graduate school." Gerard answered.

"I thought you would have dropped out." Frank said.

"I can't, I plan on going witg what Alex told me. I want to be an animator, and once I graduate I can go to an Art College." Gerard explained. Frank nodded and thought for a moment.

"Looks like you've got it all planned out." Frank said smiling. "I wish I planned like that." He admit.

"You've got a few more years until your Senior Year, Frankie. You can think about your plan." Gerard told him. Frank glanced in.the backseat of the Trans-Am at his guitar case.

"I'd like to be in a band." Frank said smiling to himself. Gerard smiled. "That'd be awesome." He whispered to himself.

"Once you get in a band and get a gig, call me. I wanna see." Gerard said with a smirk and a glance at him. Frank nodded hard.

Gerard stopped smirking and stared at the road. He wanted to be able to tell Elena his plan of what he wanted to do. He wished he could, but he couldn't becaude Elena is gone. Gerard felt a tear slip down his cheek. Frank looked aat him with a concerned face.

"Are you alright?" Frank asked. Gerard made a sarcastic laugh.

"As if." Gerard muttered. He had lost the person who had taught him to sing, and taught him to become an artist and treated him so well it was a fantastic relationship. "Frank." Gerard slurred when Frank's expression dropped. He looked at Gerard with a burning gaze. "I'm not alright." Gerard sighed, he blinked hard and another tear formed in the corner of his eye. "She's really gone." Gerard said. He felt more tears prick at his eyes.

"Gee, don't think aabout it." Frank said quietly. Gerard nodded his head and Frank leaned his head against tthe window tiredly. Gerard wiped his eyes and his nose with his hand. His nose wasn't runny or anything, he just had to wipe it, it was a bad habit.

Frank's eyes were fluttering open and closed, he was fighting off sleep. Gerard heaved out a cough to try and stop his eyes from watering. "Don't go to sleep." Gerard ordered, Frank lifted up hos head curiously.

"Why?" Frank asked.

"Gramma Elena died in her sleep." Gerard said quietly. "Im scared you might too." Gerard added.

"Okay, I'll stay up." Frank said with a snall smile. Gerard nodded in thanks. Frank rubbed his eyes tiredly and yawned.

"She had cancer." Gerard stated, he had no idea why he was speaking. He felt the need to just let it all out. "And...she refused to get Chemo or any help to try and cure it. Her Mum got Chemo and stuff, but it came back and she passed away. Gramma Elena didn't trust it so it just got worse. My Mum got it and it had been cured after she went through Chemo, but Elena didn't understand that doctors and technology is better now." Gerard explained, he was sobbing. Frank scooted towards tge centre seat of the front, the concole had been taken out and replaced with a seat, he reached and took Gerard's hand lacing their fingers together.

"I'm so sorry, Gee." Frank whispered. Gerard shook his head, he pulled the car over into an abandoned lot and turned it off and undid his belt and so did Frank. Frank pulled Gerard into his arms as the black haired boy sobbed harder and harder. Gerard's hands gripped at Frank's shirt as sobs rocked through him.

"I'm next Frank." Gerard slurred.

"What do you mean?" Frank asked. He moved Gerard's hair out of his face and held him tighter.

"I'm next in the line for Cancer." Gerard muttered choking out a cough.

"No you're not." Frank said angrily.

"Yes..I am. I'm the next one. Doctors said that I have a 90% chance that I'll get it." Gerard murmured. Frank shook his head and put his fingers underneath Gerard's chin so the black haired boy looked aat him. Frank pressed his lips to Gerard's.

"You'll be fine, Gerard." Frank whispered against Gerard's lips. Gerard nodded slightly and hugged Frank tightly.

Suddenly there was a rough tapping on the window and Gerard jumped in shock and pulled away from Frank and looked at the window. An officer stood knocking on the window with his knuckle. He mouthed ffor the two to get out of the car.

"Fuck." Gerard grunted, the two of them got out and the officer looks at Frank and sniffed him.

"You're clean." The officer said. His name was Garret. He walked over to Gerard and gave him one look and shook his head. "Walk that line." He ordered, Gerard nodded and walked it, he stumbled slightly cause he began to cough. "Have you been drinking Mr..." he looked down at Gerard's license. "Mr. Way?" He finished.

"Yes." Gerard admit with his head drooped. Garret grabbed his arms and cuffed him. He looked at Frank who had a dark expression.

"I'll call a truck to pick yer car up. Mr. Iero, comr with him to the station." Garret ordered. He walked Gerard to the police car and put him in the back roughly. Frank was then put in. Garret got in and closed the divider window. He spoke into his radio.

"Fucking great." Gerard grumbled smacking the back of his head againdt the back of the plastic seat. Frank reached up and tugged on Gerard's hair.

"Why did you drink?!" Frank asked angrily. Gerard looked at him with guilty eyes.

"I needed to." Gerard muttered, he moved awau from Frank and tucked himself into the corner of the seat. Frank gave him a dirty look.