23. Church, Haircuts, Uniforms, and Phone Talk

A/N: Well, today is my last day at my Gram's. Then until tomorrow or maybe later than that, I wont have a cellphone and that's what I normally use to go on this dashing website. So, basiclaly I'm gunna be gone for a few hours, or maybe a couple days. I'm not sure yet. Anywho, yeah. I hope you enjoy this chapter. And such. yeah. Read, comment, vote, and stuff. Make me happy.. -Gerard

______________________________________________________________________________________

Gerard stared at the front of the church, everyone was either old, an adult, or a young child. He sat in between Mac and Serena, and then Victor sat on the other side of Serena. It was silent in the church, the priest was setting up his spot on the front of the church. His robes gracfully falling down his body. Mac leaned closer to Gerard and sniffed his shoulder. He gave her a curious look and she patted his pocket where the pack of cigarettes were. He smirked at her and shrugged.

"Excuse me, Gerard?" Serena said, he looked over at her and raised an eyebrow curiously. She smiled warmly at him and tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. He found it somewhat strange, but he didn't mind. Serena cared about him intensely.

"Yes?" Gerard asked as she lowered her hand from him. She took his hand and smiled patting right above his wrist where she had seen the freshest cuts.

"Maybe, God will help you find another way to keep your sadness away. You won't have to hurt yourself in order to be happy. Maybe some prayers will keep you safe from yourself." She whispered in his ear. He chuckled at that and shrugged.

"Maybe." He muttered.

"Tommorrow, I'm taking you into a hair place, you have to cut your hair before you start this school and we're getting you the uniform." Serena informed him with a smile. "Or we could do it today if you'd like." She added. Gerard ran his fingers through his long hair, it reached just below his shoulders, he understood that the school he would be going to was stricter than the one back in Belleville, also it was a Catholic school meaning it was very much stricter.

"Don't worry Gee, the uniforms aren't that bad. You can wear black." Mac said leaning on him wtih a smile. He had found out that she was 13 years old, and in her 8th year of school.

"Maybe we should bring you into some colour, Gerard?" Serena suggested. He shook his head.

"Doesn't mix with my paleness." He replied quickly, then everything went silent as the priest began speaking. It droned on and on for a few hours. Gerard suddenly became bored. It took about an hour for it to end. And before they left, Serena pushed Gerard up to the front before the large cross. She pushed him down onto the ground, the church was basically empty, Victor and Mackenzi stood at the entrance.

"I want you to pray, we'll be in the car. Take your time." Serena said, she patted his back and then walked away. Gerard sat there for a while, just staring at the large cross. He knelt there on his knees staring at the floor, his emotions all melted away. He could hear the slight hum of the organ which was hidden somewhere in the room. The golden glow through the stained glass window reflected against the polished wood of the floor in a rainbow array.

Gerard sighed and ran his fingers through his hair stressed. He rubbed his eyes and when he looked back up the priest was approaching him. He smiled at him, his balding head and grey hair came down in the smallest beard that a man could have. He had round spectacles resting upon his nose and it reminded Gerard of Mikey's old glasses that he had when he was younger.

"Hello, are you the new addition to the Crowe household?" The man asked with a smile, he sat down beside Gerard, the robes on the man splayed out around him. As if he were leaping out of a water, like a dolphin or some shit. Gerard didn't answer. "Well, not really an additon, just more like.. a new member of the house, not by blood relation. But then again, in a way we're all related." He said thoughtfully.