20. Past-Time Injuries

A/N: I can't believe how many reads this has gottenn.. it makes bats flutter in mah tummy. Thankyou so much, guys :) Comment and tell me how I did

____________________________________________

Gerard walked out of the house, he heard Donna bawling her eyes out. He gripped the strap of his rucksack and began walking. He didn't need his car, it had a tracker in it because Donald went crazy and wanted to know Gerard's location when he left.

He heard Donald fixing the saw in.the garage and he just kept walking. He had no idea how far. It was already turning to Fall by then in the late year, leaves were falling around him, dead and crispy.

Gerard found them beautiful. He continued walking and pulled out his spare phone, he had paid with his own money for this contract phone and no one really knew avout it. Donna didn't either. Not even Mikey.

He dialed Bert's number. He had memorized it over the years. He put it on restricted. "Hello?" Bert's voice chimed through the speaker. Gerard could tell he was smoking at the time by the scratchyness of his voice.

"Bert. I need a favor." Gerard said into the phone darkly.

"Uh, okay. What? Mikey told me you left.." Bert said.

"Don't tell him I called you. I need help, now. Come pick me up." Gerard said sternly.

"Alright, alright." Bert said. "Mr. Sassy Ass." He added. "Where are you?" Bert asked.

"Alexander Ave. In the alley." Gerard answered.

"Okay, I will be there in ten." Bert said. He then hung up. Gerard stared at the wall of the alleyway, blood was dried and splattered on the wall and floor. He got shot here, Frank saved his life here, he almost died here.

He walked to the wall and ran his fingers over the sandy brick, the blood hardened to the wall chipped off falling to the covered ground. He backed away and looked at the extent of the blood, it reached higher than his height and almost to the other side of the alleyway.

"Hey kid, what are you doing out here?" Asked a voice, Gerard stared at the wall, his hair shielding his eyes. He glanced over, it was a tall man, he had a hood up and biker boots and biker gloves clasped to his hands. A leatherjacket with a hooded vest underneath, black jeans pants and his face was blacked out by his hood.

Gerard didn't answer. The man walked closer to him and Gerard tensed up, he knew it wasn't Bert. Bert wasn't that tall. This man was taller than Gerard, Bert was around the same height as Gerard, maybe shorter.

The man clapped a hand on Gerard's shoulder. "Kid?" The man asked, Gerard pulled away and looked at him with narrowed eyes. The man raised his hands innocently. "I need to ask you a favor." The man said.

"What?" Gerard asked icily. The man lowered his hands and flipped his hood off. The man was old, maybe 50 years or something. He had greyish hairs mixed in with his stubble and short combed back grey and black hair. Peppered tints.

"Its illegal. You sure you wanna help?" The man asked with a raised scraggly eyebrow.

"Depends on what it is." Gerard said darkly, he clenched his fists and brushed his fingertips along the wall.

"My name is Victor." The man said. "I live in New York." He added.

"Why are you in Jersey?" Gerard asked, he scraped some dried blood off of it, the flakes getting stuck under his nails and jabbing the sensitive skin.

"I promised my wife I would get rid of what I have." Voctor said.

"If you have some kind of disease, I'm not interested. Viccctor." Gerard said drawing out the C. Victor's expression became frightened.