New Beginnings

Enjoy! Let me know what you think in the comments below! 

Chapter 2: 

You walk Aela home after a day of shopping. Luckily, you were able to convince her to not buy anymore stuff that wasn't needed. "Oh Marianne, thank you so much for taking me today it was fun." Aela says. "It was no problem Aela, hey glad you found some stuff you liked today." I say back, smiling. "Yeah, it was cool since we gotta see all of the different shops and stuff and oh! we need to go back to see if that skeleton guy was there!" She says with a grin. "Bye Marianne! See ya later!" She starts to quickly run off to the door, "Hold it!" I say grabbing her by the shirt. "Something tells me little Miss Aela has a crush on Sir skeleton. By the look on your face, I'd wager it was true. Hmmm?" I say just watching her turn redder and redder. I laugh and let her go "Yes! Now I can help become matchmaker! Hahahahaha!" I say. She laughs too and says her goodbyes. I turn and start my own way home. 

You are close to your house, you can see it in the distance, a little cottage with trees that are covered in snow white blooms. You hear thunder in the distance, and your eyes widen. "The storm's here already?! I thought it would at least be in an hour from now!" You say. You started to run as fast as you could towards your house as soon as you heard the first drop of rain hit the earth. As soon as you make it inside, you shut the door and lock it. "That was close, I'm glad I made it in time before it got worse." You head towards your room, and you find some comfortable sleepwear and change. "At least tomorrow is a new day," you think, " time to get some sleep." As you lay down and get comfortable, before sleep takes you, you wonder what the next day will be like. 

Time skip (To the next morning)

Waking up to feeling refreshed, you get changed and started doing your routine for the day. You get up and realize that you are out of food. You sigh, "I was so concerned about getting things that were needed for the house, I can't believe I bought clothing and supplies but completely forgot to buy food!" You say out loud to no one. You grab your cloak and head out to the market hoping that the farmers and shops have some reasonably priced supplies that you can get. Luckily it stopped raining, you thought to yourself. You walk outside only to find out that it was colder because of the weather, which made you even happier for bringing your cloak. You walk down the trail until you make it to the market. You don't see many shops open right now, which made you crestfallen. "The weather is keeping everyone at home." You say to yourself. You continue to walk and you see a group of people near a tavern. Curious, you walk towards the pub and see the friendly atmosphere through the window, though there wasn't a bartender or waitress in sight. How odd, you think silently, you walk in and are shocked to see the same skeleton from the day before. Walking closer to the bar, you can feel the stares burning into you. You walk even quicker and sit down on the bar-stool next to the skeleton. "S-Sans right?" The skeleton quickly looks to you and is equally as surprised to see you there. "Yeah that's right. You were the one at the market yesterday with that other girl." He says. "Yeah, I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Marianne, it's nice to see you again." He looks over and smiles "Yeah, nice to see you too. I haven't seen ya around before so I guess this is your first time being here at Grillby's?" "Yeah, this is my first time here but I have lived here for a while..I just don't go into town very much." You look down at the table, Sans looks at you for a second with this strange look that you do not see. "Hey, pal, look its fine." He taps you on the shoulder . You look up to se him grin and he says "Your gonna have to meet my best pal Grillby, just choose somethin ya like from the menu. I'll get him over here." He looks towards the back of the bar "Hey Grillby! Come 'ere there's someone ya gotta meet!" 

You sit there looking at the menu, the cloak's hood blocking your peripheral vision from anything else around you. You hear a crackle, which at first sounded odd but you blew it off. Until something caught your eye, it was a bright orange glow. You froze, and looked up to see someone with glowing white eyes looking at you behind thin metal frames. You sit there, frozen. "Marianne, Grillby. Grillby, Marianne." Sans introduces you both. Grillby says "So this must be the hooded stranger wrapped in the darkened cloak. Nice to meet you, Marianne was it?" It took you a minute to respond. "Y..Yes. That's right. Pleasure to meet you......Grillby." You shake his outstreched hand. The bartender of flame smiles at you with this quizzical look on his face. "Why the cloak, my lady? I would like to see who I have the pleasure of speaking to." Everyone one in the pub is silent, or talking a lot quieter than before. They are all curious as to see and to know, what this stranger looks like. You stay silent for a moment, unsure of answering the question. You open your mouth to speak. Grillby beats you too it, holding up your hand and kissing it. "My apologies madam, I am sorry for troubling you so. Please forgive my rudeness." You were shocked, Sans was shocked, everyone was shocked. 

You were at a loss for words, no one has ever acted this way around you before. You kindly thanked him for the gesture and ordered something you found appetizing. You feel Sans staring at you, yet you do not know why. You turn to face him only for him to look elsewhere, as if he wasn't just staring at you. So, you decide to make conversation. "So, Sans it seems like you and my friend hit it off the other day. She loves puns, I haven't seen her like that in a while." Sans was shocked at this, "Really? She seemed like the kind a girl to like that stuff all the time." You nod "Yes, that looks to be like that, but something happened and she has....lost her pun making abilties so to speak. However, she does like to hear a good joke every now and again." To you, his smile just seems to get bigger and bigger. He says "Glad t' hear it. My brother Papyrus, he doesn't like puns. Although tibia honest I think he secretly enjoys them.""You have a brother? Interesting. And how can you tell if he secretly likes them?" You ask curiously, you smile at the pun though he couldn't see it. "Brother's intuition." He replies. You and Sans continue to talk and you think that today is a new beginning for you.