Unexpected...But Sweet

It's getting dark, too dark for your liking. You use your flames to guide your way, after that event you decided to walk home. Are you stupid? No of course not, just ...frazzled. Your thoughts are just swimming around like fish in a bowl. You just keep walking and walking..and walking all the while stuck with your thoughts. Why is everyone acting so weird these past couple days? First Sans, then Mettaton especially. They all know my heart belongs to Grillby..." "Marianne?" Your thoughts are interrupted as a familiar voice cuts through the haze. You look up and notice that your at the entrance of Grillby's tavern, with the man in question standing in the doorway. "O-Oh! Grillby, I'm sorry I guess I wasn't watching where I was going." You explain. "Is..everything ok? What are you doing out here so late..and walking by yourself for that matter!" You blush a little, "Yeah..yeah I'm fine. And to answer your question it's a long story." He smiles at you and gestures inside, "Want to talk about it?" You smile right back "Sure. But don't blame me if you get confused as well as me." He chuckles and moves out of the way. "Ladies first." You do a little bow "Why thank you sir, such a gentleman." He just laughs, god you love that laugh. You enter the building and you shut the door behind you. "Sorry for dropping by so suddenly, I know you must have been ready for bed." You say. "No, no of course not, anytime. And I don't usually go to sleep until later anyway, I was just closing up shop." He explains. "Oh." He takes you hand and you follow him to the bar stools. He lets you sit down on one, and he goes to the other across from you. "Now. Tell me what happened." He smiles at you "And don't worry I think I can handle it." You smile back and explain what had happened over the past couple of days.

"Wow. That must have been....awkward." He says. You give a shy chuckle, "Y-Yeah it was." "What did you say?" He asks. You give him a quizzical look, but give a little smirk. You stand up, much to Grillby's surprise. "M-Marianne?" He asks you, you step closer and closer to him. And each step you took made Grillby turn different colors, first a pinkish color, then a dark orange, then red to a mixture of all three. At this point, your face to face with him. "M-Marianne? W..what are you doing?" He's stumbling over his words....adorable. You lightly grab his collar, close your eyes, and put your lips onto his. You feel him tense, and make a little "Mmph?!" ...soon however, he eases into it. The kiss lasts only seconds, and you pull away. He looks like you do.. almost. Blue, red and orange hues are lighting up around his face. No pun intended. Behind his glasses, his eyes are widened. He opens his mouth to say something but quickly shuts it. "Grillby. I had told both of them, that no matter what happens, my heart is yours. I know we've only gone out a couple of times, but through the time I've known you, I feel as if I have known you for the longest time. I still want to learn more about you, and I don't want to throw that away. I want to be with you Grillby, and only you." You say. He looks shocked, and doesn't say anything. Ok...maybe you said too much. You start to feel self conscious, thinking you made him uncomfortable at this point. "U-Uh yeah..that's what I told them. I-I understand if you don't feel the same way right now, maybe I was a little forward. Thanks for letting me explain...uh...I'lljustbegoingnow.." You say as you turn on your heel as you head for the door, you couldn't even look at Grillby through the tears that are brimming around your eyes. Before you reach the door, Grillby grabs your arm. "W-Wha-" Your suddenly pulled into another kiss. A few tears fall, but not because your sad, in fact, your surprised. You close your eyes, and kiss back. The flames throughout your body are bright, and you could feel the warmth of him on your skin. You want this moment to last forever, and you could feel him pull away. You open your eyes, and he's smiling at you. "Marianne, don't be upset. I was shocked, but I feel the exact same way as you. I am so happy, no, I am overjoyed that you chose me. You chose me, and I am the happiest man in the world!" You look at him and he's grinning from ear to ear. You couldn't help it, you start to laugh a little, and he grins even wider. He laughs along with you as he picks you up and spins you around. All the while your laughter and his fill the room, and sound perfect together. He puts you down, and gives you another kiss. When he pulled away, you look into his eyes. "Well..I guess I'll be going now." He stops you. "Wait...I know this is sudden, but I would be crazy if I let you go at this hour. Please..will you stay here until tomorrow?" You blush brightly "Of course we'd have different sleeping arrangements." You calm down. "Um...yeah. That sounds perfect. Thank you Grillby." He kisses your forehead, and takes you upstairs. He tells you to wait, and he goes into another room to get a blanket and pillow and sets them down on a nearby couch. You go to it but he stops you. "What?" You question. "You are not sleeping on the couch. I am. You will take my room." "What!? No Grillby, I couldn't. I can take the couch." He gives you a stern look. "Absolutely not. You are my guest, and also I cannot allow a lovely lady such as yourself to sleep on such uncomfortable furniture. Please, sleep in my room. I will gladly take the couch." By the gods, you were about to die of blushing at this point. How could you say no to that adorable..and handsome face? "Ok ok. You dork, I will take your room if it would make you happy." He smiles "It would. Thank you dear." He holds your hand and guides you to his bedroom. "Just call if you need me, I'll be there in a heartbeat." What a charmer. You give him a quick kiss, and he shuts the door behind you. You look around, and awe at the lovely little bedroom. The bed is quite big, and the smell of smoke and ...cinnamon? is in the air. It smells like Giftmas, with all the cinnamon and spices and you smile happily. You slowly walk to the bed, and feel the silky sheets on the bed. "Oh my god, this bed is so soft!" You say to yourself. You sit down on it, the bed sinking a little because of the new weight, and you lie down. You grab a pillow and hug it to yourself, and you smile as you can smell Grillby's scent on the pillowcase...it's...comforting. You smile to yourself as you snuggle closer to it, and your eyes close as blissful sleep overtakes you. 

Notes:

This is so sweet...I couldn't help but gush about how cute they are together. This might be my favorite chapter this far. But yay a sweet moment between you and Grillby! Let me know what you think about it. Until next chapter-Ink