You talk to Grillby

Your standing on the doorstep of Grillby's place. Taking a deep breath, you walk inside to find the normal day at Grillby's. Everyone around you is talking and chatting up a storm, you say hello to a few of the patrons as you walk to the bar. "Marianne! Wonderful to see you darling." Grillby says. You smile at him. "Grillby can I speak with you for a moment?" He looks puzzled at you but smiles anyway. "Absolutely my dear, just let me make sure that no one else needs anything." "Don't worry about it Grillbz" You hear a familiar voice say. Sans? How did he get here?! Your thoughts scream. "I'll cover for ya." You and Grillby smile at him. "Thank you Sans." Grillby says. You follow Grillby to the kitchen, and he turns to you. "What is it you wanted to talk about? Is everything ok?" You chuckle nervously. "Yeah..everything's fine." You watch him pour you both some tea.You take your cup and take a sip. Looking up at him you say "I just wanted to talk about ...that nightmare that I had a couple of days ago." His eyes widen as he puts his cup down. "Oh!" He gestures to the table. "Please allow me." He pulls out your chair for you. "Thank you." He sits down on the other chair and looks at you patiently. You take another deep breath. He puts his hand on your knee and you smile at him. "Well, I uh..I had apparently woken up in the dream, and everyone was there. You, Sans, Papyrus, Alphys Undyne...everyone was there. You all had told me I had "passed out" and I had worried you. You helped me up off the floor and everyone was having fun and chatting. But.." You go silent. "Please do go on." You relax and continue. "There was a crash. Everyone was sent into a panic as that ...monster group burst through the doors. They attacked everyone. First it was Alphys and then Undyne...dust and dirt were in the air as they killed innocent monsters..and our friends! They tried to attack Papyrus, but then Sans got in the way..they killed him too! I don't know what happened to Papyrus...because I heard a noise behind me." Grillby tensed when you said this, but urged you to continue. "Apparently through the chaos one of the men managed to get behind me. He had a bucket..and ..and he tossed the water at me. I closed my eyes to brace for the impact but nothing happened. You..you stepped in the way Grillby! The water hit you, you fell to the ground. I was able to stop you from completely hitting the ground..You told me to smile for you...I begged for you not to leave me, and that it would be ok. You had told me you'd always be with me, you turned to dust in my hands Grillby! I couldn't save you! I couldn't save anyone! The man was closing in on me, going to kill me. But...but in my anger..I burned everything, everything that was left to the ground! I-I" You were pulled into a hug, "Wha-" "Don't think that it was your fault Marianne. No wonder you were so upset, it makes so much sense now. And to make matters worse, it makes perfect sense as to why you looked sad when I told you to smile." "But" "No buts Marianne." He pulls away and wipes the tears that you didn't know had fallen. "I don't want you to be afraid of that anymore. I would have done that a million times over, if it protects you. I don't want you blaming yourself for that, it was just a dream. I will always try to protect you, and be there for for you. And if it makes you feel better, I'll try and get more security." You don't..you can't say anything. It takes you a few minutes. "Thank you Grillby. I thought you'd think I was being silly." "Nonsense my dear. I will always be here if you need to talk." He kisses you and helps you up, "Now, shall we go back outside with the others?" You nod your head, flames moving happily. He also smiles back at you, making your heart melt. How you love this man. He gives you a quick but sweet kiss before you both head back in the lobby. You feel a lot better knowing that you have someone who will always be there for you.