Let the Games Begin

The next Day...

Sans

You wake up feeling refreshed. You start the same routine as you usually do, but this time, you can't help but feel like this day is going to be..different. You decide to get dressed in another outfit that Mettaton bought you. You twirl in the outfit, "Oh my goodness this is so cute!" Going into the kitchen, you look for anything you can dish up for breakfast. "Ah here we go." You take out a small package from the cupboard and take out the small item. It's a little pastry that you had went and bought from Muffet's after the party. Making yourself some tea, you walk and go sit at your table to eat it. After a few moments, you look towards the door, thinking that a fish woman would come barging in at any second. You chuckle to yourself, knowing that your being ridiculous. You eat your pastry, loving the sweet taste of your favorite filling. Just when you thought that it was all said and done, you take sip of your drink and you hear a knock at your door. "Oh by the gods, I really need to stop doing this. This is the second time that I almost choked to death!" You set your drink on the table, stood up and walked towards the door. You open it, and lo and behold you see Sans standing there. "Sans?! What are you doing here?" He leans against the door frame, and smiles at you. "Just wanted to ask you if you wanted to....uh..hang out later today?" Uh...oook? "Uh ok sure. Sounds ... great. What's the occasion?"You ask. "No occasion. Just wanted to hang out and maybe grab some lunch? You shrug, this isn't a date...just a friend thing. This is weird. "Oh and Marianne..did I forget to mention how aDOORable you look today?" ...What? You look around you. Oh. He laughs at your "are you kidding me look". "You got me. Good one Sans." He gives you the finger guns. "Still got it." You chuckle. "Uh..well I gotta go grab stuff and I'll...be out to meet you if you want." Sans shakes his head "Nah. I just came up here to ask you if you wanted to. I'll come pick you up say... noon?" You smile at him, "That sounds great." He smiles at you and leaves and you shut the door. "I was right. This day just got weird."

Throughout the time you've been waiting until noon, you just do odd and end things around the house. You don't even realize it's time to go until you hear a knock at the door. Sans is there waiting for you. "You ready to go?" "Yeah, let's go." You and him walk down the road through town, and passes all of the shops and stands, the town square, all the way to the countryside. He takes you into a field of green grass and flowers, the breeze softly blowing. "What are we doing here Sans?" "We're grabbing some grub." You turn to him, and see a basket in his hand. You point to it, obviously freaked out. "Where did you even get that?! You didn't have it before we left! And we didn't stop anywhere....how!?" He looks to you and smiles .... "I'm just that good." "Sans I want answers!" "A magician never reveals his secrets Marianne." You smile.. "Ok true, what did you bring?" He prepares a nice little picnic for you, 'Oh my god ..THIS IS A DATE! What is going on?! "Sans, this looks delicious! Thank you." You look around at the assortment of chips and hot dogs, pies and pastries and some tea to drink. "Go ahead, help yourself." You sit down and observe the view ..it's beautiful. But you have to ask. "Sans, what is going on?" He chokes on his beverage... You grin a little inside knowing you got payback from earlier. "W-What do you mean? I'm just treating you to this lunch as promised." You look at him. "I know, it's just that I know how you feel about Aela." A bright blue blush appears on his face. "N-no I don't. W-what made you think of that." "Sans I know how you and her look at each other. I know how you act when your away from each other. I'm not stupid, you both act the same way Grillby and I used to act." You give him a wink "Don't worry, you're secrets safe with me. Though I have a feeling it won't be long until Undyne and Alphys find out." This just makes his blush darken even more at this information. "Oh." Is all he says. "But hey, let's not worry about that. We're here, as friends, I don't think anything is wrong. I just wanted to know since it didn't really seemed like this would be something you would do for just a "friend" you know?" His blush disappears, and he smiles. "Yeah, yeah I guess you're right. Thanks for not going to tell my secret." You smile at him "No problem."

A couple of hours later, you and Sans finish up your little feast and he decides to walk you home. You reach your doorstep, and turn around to face him. "Thank you Sans, I had a wonderful time. It was fun just chatting with you, we haven't hung out in a while." He smiles and rubs the back of his skull. "Don't worry about it. I had fun too." You give him a sly little smirk and a wink "And don't you worry, I'll help you out with your little crush on Aela." There's that blue blush again, "D'aw aren't you adorable! You two would make a cute couple..that settles it I accept the role as matchmaker!" Sans eyes widen at you, blush growing ever brighter. "Marianne-No." "Marianne yes~" You say as you smile at him. You give a small chuckle, "Don't worry I won't do something super embarassing." He relaxes a little bit. "There ya go, just relax and let your good ol' pal Marianne handle it." He laughs and you both say your goodbyes. You shut the door behind you, and you go get changed into some more comfortable clothes. You look out the window and see Sans was gone... that's weird. "Where did he go? I would've sworn I would at least saw him a little ways down the road." You say out to yourself. You smile and just sum it up to .. "A magician will never reveal his secrets Marianne."

Sans reaches his house and looks back in the direction of your little cottage. "Well Grillby-She passed test one." He chuckles to himself and heads inside the house, shutting the door behind him.

Test Two- Begin. 

Notes:

Let me know what you think so far! I hope you enjoyed it. Until Next chapter -Inkfinite