Warning

Ah, it feels so good to be 21. Walking down the streets and shops through town, you make your way to a certain best friend's house. Finally, after what seemed like hours of walking you see the person in question leaving, and you rush to meet her. "Aela! Just the person I wanted to see." "Wow. Your looking awfully cheerful today, what's the occasion? "She gasps. "Did you and Grillby do it? Finally!" You sputter. "WHAT?! Uh NO we did NOT!" She pouts. "Darn." You playfully punch her in the arm. "I'm here to help plan your little party hehe" "Marianne No!" "Marianne yes~" You chuckle. "C'mon it'll be fun!" "Ok. I don't have nothing better to do today, but first we are doing what I was about to do going to Muffet's for some breakfast!" "By the gods a muffin would sound amazing right now." "You and your muffins Marianne." "Don't judge muffins Aela." She just rolls her eyes and laughs. Following her, you both head towards Muffet's chatting all the way there.

"Marianne, I know you didn't just come to see me to plan a party, I mean come on. I'm like your sister, and you and I both know I just got engaged like a few days ago. So spill, what has gotten you so happy today? Tell me your secret!" She says dramatically. "Ok ok you got me." "Knew it!" She says. Rolling your eyes, you finish your muffin before speaking. "Is it so wrong to want to spend time with my friends?" "Marianne! Spill the beans!" You chuckle. "Ok. I don't really know why, but I just feel so happy!" "You caught the love bug it happens." "Well in that case I caught it a long time ago." Aela squeals, and you chuckle. "But this is different, it's like...my SOUL feels different." Her eyes widen "What's that look for Aela?" She smiles at you and pats you on the shoulder "It could be that your SOUL is healing, after all this time its finally healing." Your eyes widened. "Are you sure?" "I mean I'm not positive, but that seems like the only explanation. The only way to know for sure is to look at your SOUL, but that's a very private matter for you monsters, so I don't want to pry." That's true, it's a very...delicate matter only meant for a loved one or trusted trusted friend. Aela only saw your SOUL once..and that was during ............the incident. But you don't want to get into that, however, she does have a point. "Ok, I'll have to take a look later." "Good. If that's the case I'm so happy for you!" She gives you a huge hug. You laugh along with her, but you also can't help but think and wonder if that's actually the case. Could your SOUL finally be healing after all of this time? Maybe you could get Grillby to-no! NO! Get that thought out of your head Marianne it is too early for that! "Marianne?" You snap out of your thoughts and look up at her. "What's that look for?" "Oh I don't know maybe it's because you suddenly blushed for some reason." She gives you this look "Were you thinkin about a certain fire elemental? Hmmmm?" "No!" "Aw you were! I knew it!" "Shut up" You say playfully. The both of you leave the store and decide to go shopping.

Aela decides to walk you home, the both of you carrying the bags of clothing that you had bought from town. "Thanks for spending the day with me Marianne. It was fun." "Don't mention it! What are friends for?" You walk closer and closer to your house, reaching the hill that leads up to it. You can't see your house through the trees as you walk around the bend. "So how are you and Sans doing huh? Anything...spicy happen?" She blushes at your question. "Oh my goodness! You got taken to the bone zone hmm?" She sputters "Bone Zone? Huh...I gotta tell Sans that one. But.......yes. Yes we did. Does that make you happy?" Smiling you couldn't hold back the laugh that escaped. "Yes. Very much so." "You dork." "I try." You continue talking to her, and suddenly you hear a sound. Turning in your friends direction, you notice that she has dropped her bags and is staring at something. "Aela? Aela are you alright? What are you looking a-" You stop, and stare in horror as you notice the scene in front of you. Your house.....

It's on FIRE.

You rush towards the fire on instinct, but Aela pulls you back. "Marianne don't! Are you crazy? We need to leave. NOW!" She tries to pull you away. "No! No my house! Everything I own, everything I've kept is in there! There has to be a way to save it!" "Not at the cost of your life Marianne! Come on! We need to go, who knows if the person that did this is still here!" She pulls you away, heading back into town. Taking one last look at the place you once called home, you notice something on the ground. You were able to get out of your friend's grasp long enough to grab it. It's a note. The edges are burt off it seems, but the letter is still readable.

"Know your place, Monster.

The Forgotten Ones do not accept your kind, and never will.

We know of how you fought back against us, and this is unacceptable.

Your are our example now, to show all other monsters that this is what happens to those who refuse to leave.

Let this be a warning to you, and all others.

We hope you like your little present, and if you don't take heed of our warning...

Expect others soon."

"Marianne? Marianne come on!" You fold the letter and put it in your pocket as you rush after her, leaving the blaze behind you.