A Peaceful Moment

You arrive back home, Grillby is still awake it seems. He leans against the stairwell, and looks at you. "Have a good time?" He asks. You smile. "Yeah we did. We met Alphys and I gotta say they both freaked out when I showed them my ring.~" He chuckles. "I figured as much but I am quite happy that you had a good time. Are you hungry at all?" Before you answer, your fiery stomach answers for you. "I take that as a yes~" He says with a smirk. "Well in that case I have some dinner cooking already just for you." Your flames brighten as you smiled back at him. "You didn't have to do that. I'm sorry for worrying you by staying out so late." He walks over to you and stares into your eyes. "Marianne I don't mind you are a grown woman you may hang out with anyone you like. As far as dinner goes I don't mind at all!" He pulls you closer to him. "You will be my wife and as your husband it is my job to make sure that you are well and happy." With that in mind, you stand up on your toes to kiss him. "I cannot wait for us to be married! This is so wonderful!" You say. He chuckles at your enthusiasm and smiles back at you. "Words cannot describe to how much I look forward to our wedding day. You will be my beautiful wife, by my side forever more. " "Your such a sap." "I know." You both laughed and he hugged you once more. "Now how about that dinner?" He asked. You gave him another kiss, and when he gave a goofy look behind his glasses you chuckled. "I would like that. Can't wait to see what my darling husband to be would have made for me? Guess I'll have to find out." He laughs and holds your hand and walks with you to the kitchen.

Later:

Laying in bed and looking up at the ceiling, you closed your eyes in thought. Through all of this time, so much has happened. You chuckle to yourself. "Well at least I have my own room now. Now Grillby doesn't have to sleep on his couch anymore..." You smile, and open your eyes. "Marianne you goof, you need to tell him you love him too!" You say to yourself. Since you couldn't sleep, you get up and look to the window. The stars in the sky, the moon glowing brightly in the darkness. You stare up at it dreamily, opening the window and looking out in the sky you start to hum a little tune. Your flames move softly with the wind as you look at the sky. However, a thought comes to your mind making you go quiet for a moment. You could feel it within the bottom of your SOUL, the thought that sometimes this feeling doesn't seem real..almost like it was too peaceful. Looking back up to the moon, you close the window and shake your head. You laid on the bed as gracefully as one could and looked back up to the ceiling, "No no no Marianne." You say to yourself. "There is no point in worrying about that anymore. Nothing is going to happen...nothing has happened in months. Everything is going well and everyone is fine." Lifting up your arms to the ceiling, you stare at the pale flames that lick at the air softly, purple and blue coloring line the edges of your arms mixing with the white. "Man everyone must've thought I was a walking star when they first saw me..." You chuckled at the thought. Groaning, you let your arms fall to each side of your body. "I just don't have to worry.Sure, a lot has happened but it fixed itself in the end..Everything will be fine." You assure yourself. As you drift off to sleep, lulled by the sound of crickets and the quiet popping sounds of your own flames, you couldn't shake the feeling that something was...off.

Notes:

Writers block sucks... :(