Happy Birthday

Time skip brought to you by Temmies

One month later

Your spending the day with your two best nerdy friends, Alphys and Undyne. You talk and talk and they, for some reason, cover your eyes as you get closer to Grillby's. "What are you guys doing?" "It's a surprise!" You hear Undyne tell you. They move you along as you can feel the air shift as the door opens and you three walk in. Trying to hear your surroundings, surprisingly and strangely you don't hear anything. "What is going on?" You ask. "Just a few more steps Marianne." Suddenly the hands uncover your eyes, a flash of lights blinds you as you hear "SURPRISE!" Startled, you flare up bright cosmic colors. They laugh at your reactions as you remember it's your birthday today. You smile and laugh along with them."Happy Birthday darling." Grillby says as he walks up to you. Every one of your friends are there, even the guard and even Toriel, her child Frisk, and Aela and Sans are there too. "I don't know what to say..Thank you all!" You say. "D-Don't mention i-it Marianne!" "i knew we could surprise her!" Undyne says. Everyone laughs and you smile your crooked smile. They all drag you inside and cut up with you as you chat with them,having a wonderful time. Little did you know you had a little fiery admirer watching you.

Grilby's P.O.V

She's so bright, brighter than I have ever seen her. She's so beautiful, I love her so much. We've been through so much these past few months, she's so cute when she blushes as it looks as if the sky shines through her flames. I hold the box behind my back as I walk up to her as she opens up her gifts. Undyne gives her a tactical fighting manual, Papyrus gives her puzzles, Mettaton shows up and bombards her with different assortments of clothing, and Muffet made her birthday cake, Marianne looks overwhelmed, but thanks them all anyway. Alphys gives her an alchemy book, and seeing her smile makes me smile. Aela and Sans walked up to the middle of the group and had announced of their engagement. Marianne actually squealed and tackled Aela in a hug, I've never seen her look so happy. She used to seem so ...distant but now, with everyone, she's become like a whole different person. I walk up to her last, and she looks at me curiously. "I remember this from the first time we met, and I'd thought this would make a good present." She still looks confused, and curious as I hold out the box. Slowly she takes it from me, and opens it. It was the little necklace that she fell in love with at the market. Tears threaten to fall as she smiles with joy. I give a surprised shout as I too am tackled in a bear hug. "Grillby I love it! I can't believe you remembered! Thank you so much!" I chuckle as I return the hug. "I'm glad you do Marianne, I saw how much you loved it and I knew I had to get it." She's still smiling, and it makes me smile back. We hear the "awes" and "so cutes" from our friends and comrades, and we both blush a little. "Congrats you two! I knew it would happen!" I hear Marianne tell Sans and Aela, they all chuckle. I watch all of my friends, no, my family have such a great time together. I can say this is the most I've seen everyone so happy. My SOUL have never felt so light, and every time I see that wonderful smile on Marianne's face it just makes it seem even lighter. Her pale white face, with the contrast of the stars moving back and forth as her flames gently move with the air. I ..wonder what her SOUL looks like, beautiful just like her if I had to guess. She must have caught me staring, as she looks in my direction and winks at me. She sure does know how to make me flustered, I'll giver her that. She's wearing the necklace already, and it looks wonderful on her. Mettaton especially is gushing over how pretty it is and how she looks even prettier with it. I can't help but stare.

Your P.O.V.

As your laughing with the others, you can't help but get the feeling that your being watched again. Smiling to yourself, you break away from the conversation and walk over to the twitterpated flame elemental you know and love. He doesn't seem to realize that you've walked over, stuck in whatever thoughts he's in. It makes you giggle, seeing him acting so cute. You wave your hand in front of his face, and his little goofy smile and his glasses makes you smile even wider. He doesn't respond to the hand being waved rapidly in front of his face, so you do the next best thing, you give him a kiss. He sputters and coughs as he pretends like he wasn't stuck in his little dream world. "Your so cute you know that?" You tell him, he chuckles and pulls you closer to him. "Well your ...cuter." You smile at him "Smooth." He chuckles "I tried." You both just laugh and smile at each other. "'Ey lovebirds, ya wanna eat your cake?" You look and see Sans and Aela waving at you both pointing to the cake. You and Grillby laugh along with them,as you walk over to the tables. They all sing the birthday song as you cut into your cake, your surprised as it's your f/f cake and you smile happily as you eat it. You look around to see your smiling, happy friends and your family cutting up and enjoying themselves. Smiling to yourself, you would be lying if you wasn't enjoying yourself too. You've all been through a lot these past few months, and with no sign of those anti monster haters out there, you've been completely relaxed. Everything is going so well, and you really hope it stays that way. Everyone just continues to laugh and cut up, as you all enjoy your birthday together.

Notes:

It's your birthday! In this story your 20 years old now 21, and Grillby is 27. Sans is 30, and Papyrus and Aela are 25. That is the ages they are but feel free to give them whatever ages you like! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! -Ink