Your heart...

You open your eyes and see Grillby, Undyne, Sans and Aela standing over you. Why does this feel so familiar? "She's waking up!" Aela says. "Oh thank goodness! Marianne darling are you alright?" You hold your hand up to your head, "Ugh..what happened?" It clicked and you gasp. "Did you get him? Where is he?" Grillby darkens. "He got away, but don't worry Undyne sent a patrol out to look for him." Your eyes widened. You look to Undyne and she smiles at you. "Don't worry punk! We'll catch him,Grillby filled me in on what happened." "Are y-you feeling ok Marianne?" You see Alphys approach you. You nod, "My head still somewhat hurts, but other than that I feel fine." She smiles "W-well that's good. It seems that when he hit you..your magic instantly tried to heal it. B-but since so much magic was forming around your wound, the p-pressure caused by it is what caused it to hurt worse...making y-you go unconscious." Your eyes widened. "O-Oh. I was wondering about that...thank you Alphys." She nods in understanding. "Good ta see your back Marianne." Sans said. Aela joined in "When we heard what happened we rushed here as soon as possible!" You frown "I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean to make the situation worse..." "Don't you say that my dear, you did it because you wanted to protect me, we can all agree we would have done the same thing in your position. You have my thanks." It was silent, and everyone was grinning at the two of you for some reason. "Well look I gotta go...you know..patrols..Ok BYE!" Undyne says as she runs out the door with the remaining guard. "Yeah....me and Aela here have some plans too..don't worry we'll be keeping an eye out." Sans said. Aela winks at you "Stay safe you too!" She says as Sans teleports away, Aela in hand. Alphys chuckles "I gotta get g-going t-too see you Marianne!" The lizard woman says with a smile, leaving you and Grillby alone. You just now noticed that everyone else was also gone, and look to Grillby for an explanation. "After that fiasco I sent everyone home for their own safety, they all agreed and well...here we are now." You smile "That was very nice of you Grillby." He smiles and gets up. "Well then..now that everyone's gone." You squeak as he picks you up bridal style "You need to go get some rest my dear, and I will make sure that you do." Your blushing like mad at this point "Grillby! I can walk you don't have to do this!" He kisses you, which makes you blush harder. "I know that my dear, but how can I repay my protector and make sure she gets well ...if she won't let me?" You huff and pout a little, earning some laughs from him. He carries you and lays you in bed. He smiles at you, and you smile back, still blushing a little. He chuckles again "I'm going to go make us some dinner." You give him a look and he chuckles "I know it's not super late..but we could always have an early dinner if you like." Before you could answer, your stomach growls, and your flames move around nervously. "Hehe...does that answer your question?" You say. He gives you a kiss "Yes it does, I'll be back momentarily. You stay here and look pretty alright." You roll your eyes playfully. "Yes dear." He blushes and smiles at you. He leaves the room, and you smile. "I love that man so much." Your heart flutters, and you decide to take a look at it, your galaxy colored upside down heart glows and you can't help but stare at it. It doesn't look...as cracked and scarred as before. You heard Grillby downstairs, and your heart glows brighter when you think of him. You blush to yourself as you remember the tall handsome fire man, it seems like only yesterday when you first met. You're lost in your happy thoughts, as you stare at your soul.

Grillby sighs to himself, he feels so happy. Even after everything that has happened today, he feels absolutely delighted when he's around you. He'd protect you till the day he died. He smiles at the thought of you, you're so beautiful. Your cute little smile, the way your flames turn different colors when your embarrassed, the way you laugh. It feels like only yesterday when he first saw you, the sun shone on you making you glow bright like a goddess. His heart skipped a beat as he remembered all you both have been through together over these past few months. He loves you so much, more than you know. Today proved that ten fold, if only he could show you how much he loved you. He chuckles as he pats an object in his pocket. "One day Grillby..one day you will." He hums in happiness as he takes the food he made back upstairs, to the certain flame in his heart.

Notes:

1,000+ Reads?!................... I have no words. I am so happy to all of you who have stuck with the story this far, and like the story as well. Thank you all for this I never would have expected this story to be this popular! Anyway ..will you and Grillby confess your love for each other? Or will it have to come at a later time? Hmm...Stay tuned to find out! Until next chapter - Inkfinite