He Likes Me

Alex pushed up his glasses and held his books close to his chest. His brown satchel bag hung loosely over his shoulder. Some would call him a nerd, some would call him weird, but Alex was a perfect gay cinnamon roll. The whole school knew he was gay. Alex came out freshman year, which was not a good idea because now he was the school's personal punching bag. He was like putty in their disgusting hands and they loved every minute of it. The only time he could be himself was in the library or at home. Alex had to put on a fake smile, that he hated, everyday for school.

The only thing that took away Alex's sadness was John. Yes John, the most popular and badass of the boys at school. He was the quarter back of the football team, which made him even more attractive. With his perfect freckles and jawline all the girls wanted to be with him. Everyone knew that John wasn't gay. He was as straight as a pole, but that never stopped Alex from stealing glances at him.

Alex finally made it to class and sat down in the front row. He was in math class, his favorite subject of the day. Students poured in. At the end of it all was John and his friends as they came in one by one. He had his red leather men jacket on and his hair was pushed to one side. Alex blushed deeply. He covered his face with his hands and looked away hoping nobody saw. Alex hated how easily he gets flustered and how shy he was around John, but he couldn't help it. The bell rang and the teacher walked in placing piles of paper on the desk.

"Ok,ok people settle down. Settle Down! Today we are going go be doing partner work because I am lazy and won't grade your papers. I will choose your partners." There were loud groans from every corner of the class room, "Yes yes I know, how sad. Now Angelica you're with Maria, Jefferson with James..." Alex fidgeted in his seat, he wandered who he was going to get." And Alex you are with John. All right get to work!" Alex's heart sank. He was with his only crush whom he couldn't even talk to. He grabbed his pencil and made his way next to John who looked at Alex with interest.

"L-let's g-get started." Alex managed to mumble quietly getting their paper out. John sat up.

"What's your name?"

"H-huh?"

"I said, what's your name?"

"A-Alex." He said playing with his fingers.

"Well, I wouldn't mind if you looked up at me when you talk." John spat turning his attention to his paper.

"S-sorry..." Alex said a little hurt.

"No! I-I didn't mean it like that way just please look at me when you talk." John said scratching behind his ear. This gave Alex a little more confidence. He sat up and looked at John who had a tint of red in his cheeks.

"Alright! L-let's get started.

Alex bolted out of class as fast as he could. Hid blush never left his face and his smile was as large as a football field. When they were finishing their paper John would have little coughing fits. When Alex looked at their feet he couldn't help but catch a glimpse of John's little friend poking out of his pants. Alex almost chocked.

When the end of school finally role around Alex and his friend Lafayette walked on to the bleachers of the football field and started doing their homework. Of course it was only when John has football practice because it gave Alex a perfect view of John in action. Lafayette knew Alex had a crush on John and he was willing to do this because he himself had a crush on one of the star football players, Mulligan.

Alex smiled when John pulled off his helmet revealing his sweaty hair, as Alex bit his lip. Oh, what that man could do to Alex. An hour passed and John would occasionally look up at the bleachers like he was expecting Alex to be there. When he thought Alex wasn't looking he would study the body of the younger and more nerdy, but cute kid. Practice was over as soon as it had started. Alex and Lafayette started walking home side by side.

"Dude you need to tell him already! It's been like three years."

"I know, I know, but I can't help it. He's just too cute for weirdo me. And plus, he's straight!"

"Well you don't know that. There are a lot of closet gays in this school and I think he could be one."

"Well how do you know?" Alex spat.

"Well, I don't. But take the way he looks at you Alex. It's with pure longing. He wants you Alex." He rolled his eyes.

"As if." Lafayette skipped to his house waving as a disappeared inside. Alex was left alone. He walked in silence for a little while before hearing fast approaching footsteps behind him. He turned around only to see John running towards him. He stopped in front of Alex to catch his breath. Alex was confused.

"John what are you doing?"

"I...um..I..I wanted to walk you home! Walk you home, ya know if someone tried to attack you or something I'd be here." John smiled. His sweaty hair fell over his eyes.

"Haha, come on then." Alex began to walk as John caught up. It started to get dark and Alex was intimidated by it. He scooted closer to John so their arms were touching. He blushed.

"Ya know I can walk my self home. Right?"

"Well, yeah, yeah I know but...well I don't know. I just thought you looked lonely and...needed somebody to talk to."

"Oh...well thanks...I guess." They walked in awkward silence before a cold wind blew past them. Alex got cold. John ripped his jacket off and handed it to Alex.

"No. No I can't take this John." Alex said shoving it back.

"No I want you to take it before you catch a cold. Please for me." Alex looked up to see John's puppy face. He laughs and took the jacket and slung it over his shoulder. The sleeves went past his hands making him look incredibly adorable. John chuckled. They walked until Alex reached his house in total silence. They enjoyed being next to each other and it was peaceful.

They reached Alex's steps. John stood on the last one to make himself level with Alex because he was so short. It was kind of a turn on for John. He chuckle.

"So..."

"Soo..He he. Thanks for walking me home, you didn't have to."

"No I wanted to."

"He...Thanks. Oh your jacket!"

"NO. Keep it. You need it more than I do."

"Oh..thanks again. Well...bye." Alex leaned in and kissed John's cheek before hurrying inside. John was left standing there in shock holding his cheek.

: