What could of been...

(Trigger warning. Suicide mentioned)

It was Friday when he broke up with me. We went to the Bar to celebrate our 2 year anniversary and that's when I got too carried away.

Flash back

"I love you."

"He he, I love you to Jack." Alex took another swig from his drink and sighed with satisfaction. This was his time to unwind with his favorite person in the world. John saw Alex take another drink and roled his eyes, he's really going heavy on the drinks. He shifted in his seat and felt the tiny, black box in his back pocket, he would ask Alex tonight. He couldn't wait. Meanwhile Alex had already ordered 3 drinks and was chugging down the last one. He already looked drunk. He had a stupid grin on his face and was looking at the dance floor. John laughed.

"Johnny...lets dance." He said, sluring his words.

"No no Alex your drunk."

"But I wanna dance!!"

"No you go with out me."
"But Johneyyyy." He hug on his boyfriends lap.

"Go Alex. Enjoy yourself."

"Aw ok." Alex sulked and walked onto the dance floor. This is going to be hard to explain to him in the morning. John looked inside his drink only thinking of tonight and what he was going to ask him. He had been waiting for this moment for his whole life. Ever since he was a kid he only imaged standing on the alter watching the love of his life walk down the isle in a nice tux, he couldn't even believe it was Alex! He smiled to him self and looked on the dance floor. And there was Alex, in another guys arms, eating his face off with his lips. John shot out of his seat. He stomped over and yanked Alex away from the other guy.

"ALEX. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!" He shouted over the noice. Alex only blushed and looked at John like he didn't hear him. John forcefully grabbed his hand and walked out of the Bar in an empty alleyway full of rage.

"What the fuck was that Alex! I let you dance for one minute and now your kissing off another guyes face!"
Alex seemed confused, and drunk.

"That was my boyfriend...Recardo?" The words seemed to even confuse Alex for a moment.

"YOU LITTLE SLUT! I hate you! Go to hell and die! You can have this fucking ring back, I DONT CARE!" He chucked the ring out of his back pocket and threw it at Alex and ran away. Alex bent down and picked it up. This was going to be hard to explain in the morning.

End flashback.

Alex clutched the bathroom counter, tears dripping off his eyes like a waterfall. It had been one month ago when John left. In a matter of hours he had all of his stuff packed and moved all the way across the country. Alex only found out that morning. He shut himself off from everybody he knew and lived in depression and horror knowing that it was his fault John left, his fault that he was never going to get married, his fault!

ALL OF HIS FAULT! He ran into their old bedroom leaving behind all of those precious memories of what they used to be. He reached for the closest and rummaged through until he felt the cold, metal gun John had his just Incase. He grabbed it and ran back into the bathroom pulling the gun to his head. He couldn't take this torture anymore. He couldn't live with the this horror and sadness haunting him day by day. He couldn't live. He curled the engagement ring around his free hand, it was his fault.

   The gun went off, their was blood, a body on the floor, and a broken heart.