The Storm

I hated him. Like seriously HATED him, and I still do! He's a fucking moron! Like who could seriously live off Red Bull's and coffee like Alex? I mean all he does is spend time on his laptop doing stupid homework. The kid barely speaks a word to me! And he lives with me!!  I know they say college is the best time of your life and all that shit but it's not, especially when you have a roommate that dosent clean up after themselves!! ALEX!

I could go on and on about how messey his room is, and how he always leaves the toilet seat up after a big poop, or how stupid his last haircut was ruining his perfect...beautiful...gegorous..hair.....what, was I talking about? Oh right, his big poops and how he never washes the dishes! Like I could go on but you don't have that kind of time and you'd get board easily.

Anyway, I shut down my laptop and bounced on top of my bed.  I quickly checked the time, 2:13, and Alex hasent talked to me yet. Usually he just sayes "Hi." Or "Hey." Then disappears into his room like a hermit. That way I could know he wasn't dead so I didn't have to worry about him but so far...nothing. I thought I heard the door open and close but I dont know. I sighed and heard a large clap of thunder followed by heavy sheets of rain.

I guess classes are canceled for tomorrow. I peeked out the window and saw dark clouds set over the sky and another loud slam of thunder. I wonder where Alex is...uh not that I'd care! Pfft please! He could die for all i care! I guess... I tipped towed out the door and into the small half living room half kitchen that we both shared. It was dark, and a little creepy. I turned around about to go back to my room when I heard soft whimpers. I stopped and heard it again. But it was louder this time. I softly walked down our small hallway and knocked on Alex's door.

"Alex?" Thunder sounded and a high, deafening, scream came from inside his room. I opened the door, and it was empty. I looked around and heard sniffing...under the bed. I peeked under and saw that Alex had managed to squeeze his way inside and covered his ears with his hands and was crying softly. My heart twisted. I wanted to laugh but I knew that's not what he needed right now.

"Alex. Why are under their? Why are you crying?" I whispered. He only wimpered and shook his head. The rain cam down harder and Alex curled up in a ball crying more. Ohhh...he's afraid of the storm.

"Come on Alex, you need to get out of their. Come on boy.." he clicked his toung like you would when you were around a dog. "Come on, you can't stay under their all night. Alex!"
Alex only back up farther.

"Oh come on. Please come out. I'll take away your lap top if you don't come! Alex!" Alex seemed frightened. I sighed.

"Alex please," I said in a softer voice, reaching my hand under the bed. "Come out." He looked at me with red, pleading eyes. He finally took my hand and I helped him up to his feet. His nose was so close I could feel his breath on my cheek. He looked at me with his blue clear eyes. It was almost as if they were inviting me to make a move. A clap of thunder boomed across the sky and Alex jumped right out of his socks into my arms. I stumbled back a little when he buried his head into my shirt and started to cry louder. I was suprized. I pulled him up against my chest and walked into the living sitting down on the couch.

"It...it's ok. It's ok Alex." He started to cry, clinging to my chest like a baby. And he looked stunning. Usually he was never this quite and it was weird haveing him so calm like this. Well I guess it a good thing because I'm learning so many new things about Alex.

He wimpered and I pulled a blanket over us and cuddled until sleep found us. Well this was goeing to be hard to explain tomorrow...