If Only...

Alex had cancer. He was going to die. Life had not been easy for the two lovers since Alex got diagnosed and the Cancer only got worse day by day. But that never stoped John from visiting everyday with heart shaped balloons or bunches of Alex's favorite flowers. They even celebrated his birthday in the hospital room! When it was raining and Alex wanted to dance so John took him out and they danced all night and kissed under the moonlight.

On lonely nights Alex would curl up in John's arms. While he sleep John couldn't help but soak up every last moment, because he knew time was running out and every moment with Alex was critical. But there was always a slight pain when John would look Into Alex's eyes knowing that the next morning wasn't certain. He could rember when they first found out Alex had cancer, they had just moved in togeather:

Flash back

"Are you excited babe!" John yelled lifting Alex into his arm spinning him around and around in their new apartment. Alex giggled and kissed John's head then lips.

"Of course I am. We're finally living togeather! Haha! I'm so happy! Let's concur  the world!"

"Not yet Alex. We still have to waite for your doctors notice and then for the new furniture to arrive and then have everybody over for a welcoming party tonight.

"Ugh...you ruined it." Alex said sulking on to couch.

"Haha. Oh cheer up." John sat next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. "We still have the party tonight."

"Party?"

"Yes party."

"Then let's get decorating!" Alex shot up from his chair into the small kitchen while John followed him with a smile.

(Time skip brought to you by Alex's excitement.)

Layfayett, Peggy, Mulligan, Eliza, Angelica, Alex and John all huddled in their living room drinking and laughing and having a good time. Then there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Alex yelled while jumping from the couch and opening the door. The mail man waved a hello and handed Alex the invalope and was gone before they knew it, soon Alex was right back on the couch again.

"So now that you moved in together what you next step?" Mulligan asked taking a sip of his beer.

"Oh I don't know." John sighed.

"No. Of course you do! We're looking into adopting in a year or two." There were cheers all around the room.

"Congrats guys!"

"Aww won't that be cute!"

"I ship it!"

"Of corse you do, everyone does." Alex said. "Anyone up for some nachos? I want some!"

"Sure babe. There in the kitchen."

"Alright." He kissed John slightly and with the letter still in hand he walked into the kitchen to get some nachos. Minutes passed by with some leausal conversation when John suddenly heard his name being screamed at the top of somebody's lungs. He sat up and bursted into the kitchen to find Alex on the floor grasping the letter in his hands crying. John scoped him up and took him into their bedroom alone.

"Babe! What's wrong?! Are you hurt? What's the matter?" Alex only handed him the envelope. With shakeing hands John accepted it and read the first line.

"We're sorry to inform you that Alex has cancer." He felt the letter fell from his grasps, he put one hand up to his mouth and looked into his lovers eyes. They were so scared and frightened and horrified that all they could do was cry into each other arms for the rest of the night.

End flash back.

If only they knew what was coming.
A young man holding a 3 year olds hand walked into the cemetery on a cold and rainy day. The 3 year old was holding on to Alex's favorite teddy bear and John had in his hand Alex's favorite flowers and tears in his eyes. They walked on further untill they reached a fresh grave stone sitting underneath a shade tree, dripping from the last fall of rain. John bent down and placed the flowers down neatly as the little boy hugged the teddy bear tighter.

"See Alex, look where we are now. We have a son and we finally have a family we both never had...I love you. Hold on a little bit longer, I'm coming up soon." He took the little boys hand and walked out of the cemetery.

If only they had more time.

If only...