War's Over for Merlin's Sake!

Harry Potter was walking to The Great Hall. He looked around the hallways he called home for so long. Hermione and Ron were bickering beside him, even them arguing was homely. Two months had come and gone since Voldermort had his last hurray, and this year would be the first normal year Harry Potter would have. A burst of laughter came from the side of the large entrance to the hall. He withheld a sneer seeing the all too common faces of the Slytherin students of his year. Hermione stated to him and Ron while on the train; that she didn't want to hold them accountable for the things they were forced into ; they agreed.. but that wasn't going to bring their normal rivalry to come to an end, that was something Harry found very homely indeed. Draco Malfoy didn't look at Harry but his eyes fell upon someone behind him. As soon as Harry was about to open the doors feeling glad to avoid an awkward conversation between the two houses; Hermione moved from his side and Harry watched as she walked to the group and spoke gently toward them. They nodded their head to her little speech about moving on and forgiving . Draco was towering above her and Harry was about to burst out laughing because Malfoy looked like one of those dog bobble head's that sat on Uncle Vernon's dash back when he was a child. He must have been caught because the amount of glares that was sent his way was non-countable . One being from Hermione .

"Thanks for understanding" Was the only thing Harry heard from Hermione's whole conversation; he and Ron were to busy pissing themselves laughing at their faces. Hermione dragged them through the hall.
"You both promised me that you'd try to get along!?" Hermione scalded them as they sat down.

"We said we agreed not to bring up the past, getting along is a completely different thing" Ron smirked to Harry who was wearing the same face .

"Honestly" Hermione scoffed. Before she could continue ;the first years waddled in like little ducklings staring up in awe at everything they saw. Innocence shone from their bright eyes, as Harry wondered what it would be like to go back to that state of seamless wonder. A handful of kiddies were added to Gryffindor and realising they were in the same house as Harry Potter, made their shy faces brighten with grins that couldn't be smacked off.

"Welcome to Hogwarts!" Professor McGonagall cried then followed by applause . "Welcome back to our older students and I would like to say a few things before we go to announcements. Our past few years have been a hard. Our fight was difficult and it helps to know that so many of you have returned despite of what happened last term. I thank you all for your bravery, I thank you all for your patience and tolerance, I thank you all for strength. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I certainly want to put the past to bed; so with that I end that chapter and begin a new; with fresh faces." She glanced at the youngest students.

The first time Harry Potter set eyes upon the Professor was as she slid out the back door.(the one he used after he was announced fourth champion).She was barely noticed, he looked around; he wasn't sure if even Ron or Hermione saw her. She slunk in so silently, she didn't even make a noise while she seated herself down at the end of the long table next to Hagrid. As if she'd timed her entrance for dramatic flare just as she sat; McGonagall began her announcements .

"Also a warm welcome back to our staff; and our newest addition, Professor Time who will take the position of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher" Everyone in Harry's year scoffed internally.

She stood from her seat and nodded a greeting, showing a 'almost smile' to the room. She barely looked older than him. She was definitely attractive, with large blue eyes and short waved blonde hair that looked that the sun it's self created it. She was immaculate with a balance of black and white clothing. A white shirt tucked in a high waist skirt that fell to her shins. A long black cloak pinned to her shoulders and her blonde hair sat tied at the back of her head. Her cheeks went inward to give pronounced cheekbones and a pretty mouth .. well Harry was sure they were a definition of 'kissable' lips .