I can't do this anymore

The Next Day

Archie's POV

Veronica and I were walking hand in hand to rehearsals. I couldn't wait to get their I love having alone time with Betty, she's fun and lately really really mysterious, I like this Betty. Veronica-"Archie do you like doing this play?" Archie-"Of course Ronnie, its really fun, thanks for persuading me to do this." She smiled. Veronica-"Archie you know that I trust you right, I know you and Betty have an undiniable connection." Archie-Undiniable connection?" Veronica-"Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about. You practically get lost in each other's eyes every chance you guys get. But I know that your mine and there's nothing going on between you guys so I trust you."Archie-"Ronnie I know me and Betty have a weird connection but it's just because we have known each other for so long and we have this trust on each other, but I like you Ronnie ok." I gave her a little kiss and we kept walking to rehearsals. I meant everything I said I do like Ronnie a lot she has always been here for me and she so amazingly wonderful and everything about her is amazing. I couldn't break up with her not like this. She deserves to be happy. And Betty really likes Jug and I don't want to get in between that. I think I have decided whatever me and Betty have going on needs to stop. I like Veronica a lot. We arrived at rehearsals and the first thing I see is the wonderful couple Betty and jughead. She looked happy. I love it when she's happy it makes me happy. Simon-"ahh finally Archie your here I want to go through the whole play today with everyone. Also for the kissing scene I want it to be saved for the actual day of the play so we get that first love spark."I looked at Veronica and she was smiling. I also love it when she is happy she makes me happy. Simon-"so from the top people!"

Rehearsals were finally done who knew acting was so tiring. Veronica-"hey core four wanna head down to pops." Betty-"I should probably go home I uh have homework and stuff." She seems upset I wonder what's up. I hate to see Betty upset and it's seems like I am the only one who can tell if she is upset or not. She left the room and it's was silent. Veronica-"okay that was weird what about you guys wanna go?" I really wanted to go check on Betty but that's not my job it's her boyfriend job I have Veronica and  I should go to lunch with my girlfriend right? Right. Archie-"ya okay." Jughead-"sure." What he's coming. It's like he doesn't even see what's going on.
We were all at pops and all I could think about was Betty I had to go see her I don't care if I'm not her boyfriend she's my best-friend. Archie-"I should go I uh have a lot of stuff to take care of at home." Veronica-"kk see you tomorrow arch." She gave me short kiss. Did she just call me arch? Betty only calls me arch.
Betty's pov
I didn't got to pops because well actually I'm not sure. These past couple of days have be so horrible. I don't wanna play this stupid game with Archie I don't wanna be in a play with Archie and I don't want to be near Archie. Not because I hate him it's actually the opposite because I can't think straight around him, he makes me feel all the feelings in the world and every second I am with him the more and more I fall for him. I love Archie Andrews. I don't know or care if Archie feels the same way but I can't stay with jughead knowing he isn't the one want. When the guy I do want is just across the window. I hated myself for doing this. For falling for my bestfriends boyfriend. I hated myself for letting myself get back to this point in life. But I don't hate myself for loving him I will never. That's why I didn't go to pops because I can't control whatever it is I feel and I can't see him right now not now it would tear me apart. I got out of my thoughts when I heard the doorbell ring I had tears streaming down my face but I don't care. Jughead was probably at the door I guess nows the time I breakup with him. I opened the door and it wasn't who I thought I would see. It was Archie. He was smiling but it's soon turned into a frown. He saw how torn up I was. He saw how much I was hurting he knew me better then I know myself. He's perfect. Archie-"Betty what's wrong." He walked in and took me to the couch. He still held onto my hands that just made me want to cry more. What did I do to deserve him. I wasn't responding. I looked down and he cupped his hands on my cheeks and wiped off the tears on my face with his thumbs. He pulled me into a tight hug. After what seems like forever I pulled out and looked up at him. He's truly is perfect. Archie-"Betty please talk to me." Do I tell him. He is probably the most understanding guy I know and I don't wanna keep lying to him and to everyone. Betty-"Arch I cant be around you anymore. I am going to quit the play you shouldn't even be here right now." What am I saying. All I want is Archie to be here with me, tight now. He looked really hurt like his heart dropped. Why did I say that. Archie-" is that what you want Betty." No I do not at all. Betty-"yes." Archie-"okay if you want space from me  I will leave." He got up and left. I sat down and stared crying and crying. What did I do.
Hours passed and I finally went upstairs. I walked into my room and my eyes went to the window. Of course Archie was there. I walked up to the window. He noticed me and walked up too.We just looked at each other. It was peaceful it was nice. He started to think. And closed the blinds and walked away. He hates me. I drove him away. Why do I always  drive away the people I love the most. I got my phone and typed in a number. Jughead-"hey Betty what's up. Betty-" Um jughead you know you are like the best boyfriend ever. But recently I have had a lot going on. And I think I just shouldn't date anyone right now. " it was silent for a bit. Jughead-" Betty, what, I thought you loved me. Don't be rational are you sure about this." I do love jughead but not like that. Betty-"I just can't do this anymore I can't be with you jug." Jughead-" fine we're done." He hung up. I fell on the ground and started balling. I know I did the right thing but why does doing the right thing hurt so bad why does this hurt. I got in bed. Who even am I anymore. I basically just told my best friend to never talk to me again. I just broke up with my boyfriend and acted like I didn't give a shit. Archie. Archie won't even talk to me anymore. And now I probably ruined my relationship with V. That night I don't think I ever stopped crying. Why Betty why.

Hey guys! Super sorry about posting late but I'm trying to post at least every other day now and I have my other book too so Its hard to catch up. But if you haven't already go check out my fillie book just click on my profile and it's should be there. That book is so fun to write and i think it's honesty better than this book. So please please go check it out. This chapter is definitely one of my favorites and now I am kinda dropping in on more of twist of emotions. But I hope you enjoyed and I promise to update more and ya I love you guys.❤️