Mistakes

Updated earlier then usual❤️ don't forget to comment and vote
Archie pov
I woke up with a lot on my mind. Obviously I still have feeling for Betty but me and her it's just not our time. I feel like we rushed this. Even if it wasn't her fault I think this is for the best. I decided I would go over there and explain why Veronica was with me last night even though I don't owe her any explanation.

Betty's pov
I woke up with dried tears on my face. I didn't feel like getting up but I heard the doorbell. I didn't bother washing my face or anything because I really don't care. I opened the door and was shocked by the person behind it.
Betty-" arch? What are you doing here." He looked like he already recited what he was going to say to me 30 times in his head.
Archie-" I came to explain why Veronica was at my house last night." I quenched in embarrassment and jealously.
Archie-" can you come outside." I walked out side and we sat on the porch. I started to feel embarrassed of how I looked but I know Archie and he doesn't scare easily. One of the thing I love most about him. How did I mess up that bad.
Archie-" Veronica was helping me last night, she saw how I hurt I was and came over to check on me." Is he kidding? She's the reason I got drunk and kissed jughead I swear to god Veronica. I decided to just let him finish. "We went up to my room and she was really helping me, thats when I saw you in the window she was downstairs getting me tea. But I still really shouldn't be explaining myself you should."
Betty-" I know that Archie and I'm ready to explain. I don't usually drink but that Veronica convinced me too. I was dancing and I can't remember much of it. I walked upstairs with Jughead and he kissed me. It meant nothing Archie I promise it was just all old memories. You have to believe me."
Archie-" did you stop the kiss."
Betty-" what-" my palms started to sweat
Archie-" did you stop the kiss when jughead kissed you did you stop the kiss." His tone was now angry.
Betty-" I didn't stop the kiss Archie, I was drunk and I don't know all I know is that I love you." I placed my hand on his but he quickly jerked out of it.
Archie-" that's all I needed to know." He got up to leave but I grabbed his arm
Betty-" so just like that your gonna throw this all away."
Archie-" I'm not the one throwing this away Betty. We aren't right we were never right. We hurt each other and others around us. We- we were a mistake." Those words became crystal clear now. I felt the tears coming but I pushed them back. How did I mess this up so badly
Betty-" fine then we over I guess." He looked like he wanted to protest, to fight, but he didn't. He just got up and left. That night I did nothing but cry and tried to distract myself with movies and food but nothing could work. Even Kevin came over for a bit but he didn't stay long.

The weekend went by slow and painful. Tomorrow u have to face Archie and Veronica. I feel like If see Archie I will just start bawling. He meant so much to me. But I alway ruin every good I have going for me. Just the Cooper way. I woke up the following day not wanting to go. But my mom would never let me skip. I got dressed a put on light makeup. I decided I wanted to wear my hair down today it's not the usual Betty Cooper way but I don't really feel like Betty cooper these days anymore. I got up waiting for a text from Archie like I usually do but then it hit me. We aren't together anymore not even friends. I broke his heart just like I broke jugheads. Why do I keep doing this. I wiped a tear from my face and put on my best smile. I walked out there door it looked like I had confidence and everything was fine. I looked over to Archie's house and Veronica's driver was parked out front I later saw Archie and Veronica walk into the car. He looked around like he was trying for me not to see him. To late for that. Now I couldn't hold back tears I ran back to my house and waited for the car to pass. I started walking again.

I got to school and they weren't together I wanted to talk to Archie later when we are alone. Not with that witch that will pop out at anytime. First she took my best-friend then my boyfriend well played but this is far from over. I decided to just text Archie to meet me at our usual spot, the janitors closet.

Betty-" hey arch can we please talk. Meet me at the janitors room at 11:30 please I understand if you don't want to show. If you don't I will back off. I promise.

He didn't respond but I was going to go there anyways to see if he would give us a chance. I meant what I said if he doesn't come then I will back off we will be done. It hurt my heart to ever think we would never make up even just being friends. I grabbed my bag and asked to be excused. I got there at 11:28 because I couldn't stand to be in that class any longer. I was looking at my phone the whole time checking the time. He hasn't showed up it was 11:30 (guys I'm literally getting nervous writing this ahh) I checked the time again 11:32 I would leave at 11:35. What if he doesn't come. I felt tears weld up in my eyes. I needed him I thought he needed me. I was going to grab my bag when I heard the handle shake. It was him it was Archie. My mood went up instantly. He walked in and he looked up at me. Our eyes met and it felt good till he instantly looked down.
Archie-"Betty, you wanted to talk to me?" My mind went back to everything.
Betty-" uh ya um arch."  I put my hand on his forearm I didn't even mean to it was just a reflex. He looked down at my hand and I quickly took it off.
Betty-" I miss us, I understand why you don't want to be with me because you don't love me anymore but-
Archie-" what do you mean I don't love you betty?" He seemed confused and hurt.
Betty-" well you don't that's why you broke up with me."
Archie-" Betty I didn't break up with you because I just didn't love you anymore I broke up with you because you cheated on me. But regardless I never stopped loving you, I don't think I can." He looked like he instantly regretted what he said after he said it. Those words hit me. He still loves me. A smile grew in my face. I looked into his eyes but he still had no expression on his face.
Betty-" oh well ok."
Archie-" Is that all Betty."
Betty-" wait um do yo- you like Veronica now?" I held my breathe not wanting to know the answer.
Archie-" um I don't know I'm trying to figure this all out. But all I know is we are just friends." Just friends I was his friend his best friend and now I'm replaced just like that. I grabbed his arm.
Betty-" and what are we?"
Archie-" well what do you want us to be."
Betty-" well you know what I want us to be arch."  It grew silent. I quickly shared myself
Betty-" I want to be friends I want to be Betty and Archie again. I want to go to pops everyday and just talk about life. I want you to walk me to school." And I want to be able to call you mine. "Is that's okay?"
Archie-" actually it really is." He grabbed my hand and we walked out the closet.
Betty-" so I will see you at lunch?"
Archie-" ya I will see you at lunch." He smiled at me widely and I couldn't help but smile back. He stared walking the opposite direction but I called his name.
Betty-" Archie wait do you want to go to pops after school today?"
Archie-" I uh actually can't I'm hanging out with Veronica I'm sorry." I smiled and kept walking. I sighed heavily. Veronica is trying to steal my best-friend but I won't let that happen. I will fight.

Hey guys!!! Thank you all so much for all the support and comments and it actually makes me get off my lazy ass and do something lol. Anyways I actually updated for once. I actually  sorta like this chapter and where this book is going because I felt like it was getting boring. Anyways I love you guy so much also thank for 2k reads! Don't forget to vote and comment❤️