Chapter 5- The Lab

"Wow, it's huge!" (Y/n) swirled around the room and starred in awe at all the stuff. He had tables with chemicals, papers with neat ideas, and large bookshelves that held all of his books. The thing though that stood out most to (y/n) was a huge section hidden by a cover. Carefully, she began to lift it when varian ran over and slapped her hand, "please don't touch that." (Y/n) stared confused by his sudden secretive nature, but said nothing. He twirled his bangs, "it's just something I'm working on. It's a surprise for someone." She shrugged and sat down in a chair at his desk. She yawned and then jumped up, screaming as something touched her ankle. Looking down, there sat a raccoon who happily chirped and circled around her. (Y/n) looked up slowly, "why is there a raccoon..?" Varian laughed and picked him up, throwing his across his shoulders, "his name is Rudiger. He's...a pal." (Y/n) laughed and held her hand out as the raccoon began licking her. Varian stared and smiled softly, before it turned into pure sadness. He didn't understand why he was suddenly down, but he shook his head and let it off his shoulders. He didn't wanna ruin the mood. He walked over to (y/n) and crouched next to her as she played with Rudiger. He gazed at her softly, taking her image in. She had (eye colour) eyes that reflected a tinkle of cheerfulness. It made him smile. (Y/n) noticed varian staring at her and turned, "why are you staring at me?" Varian quick looked away and blushed, "I..wasn't staring.." (y/n) smiled and lightly blushed, then went back to messing with Rudiger. Varian coughed, "so, what do you wanna do?" (Y/n) shrugged and then stood up, "have you ever seen the black rocks?" Varian blinked in confusion. Groaning, (y/n) sat down in a nearby chair, "okay, so I was on the wall just sitting and suddenly, these rocks came sprouting out of nowhere. There were probably hundreds of them! It at one point even started to glow yellow before they just...vanished." Varian widened his eyes and grinned mischievously, "do you happen to remember where they are?" She grinned back at him and tapped her chin, "well..maybe... if you.. make me lunch, please?" She winked and varian ran out, and began prepping a lunch. (Y/n) chuckled before looking back to his desk. His ideas were truly extraordinary, she thought. She looked through them all, picking out which ones she thought were the best. Varian suddenly ran in with ham sandwiches and watched as you read over his plans. He hummed and leaned over your shoulder, "are you sorting my stuff?" He set down the plate and took a sandwich for himself, "oh um, yeah. I was sorting through seeing which ones I liked the best." He leaned over and smirked, "so, you've taken interest in my hot water heater?" She nodded and raised a brow, "but how exactly will it work?" He took a heavy breath, "Okay! So it works by me filling the tank with water and then I'll add an element that produces enough matter and velocity to run through the water therefor heating the entire tank. This will then run through pulleys and sewer lines and travel to four other tanks." (Y/n) blinked and falsely smiled, "interesting!" He laughed, realizing she didn't understand what he was saying, "just know one chemical of my creation will heat up an entire tank." She nodded and took a bite of her sandwich, "sounds great!" He smirked, "thank you." Before biting into his sandwich.