Part 17- Picnic

(Y/n) was startled awake by a loud bang. She raced down, following the noise as did Quirin. They ran into Varian's lab which was filled with heavy smoke. Coughing, (y/n) worked through the smoke until she reached Varian, who was desperately trying to waft it out the windows. Rolling her eyes, (y/n) glared, "What did you do now?" Varian laughed nervously and shifted is gaze, "Well, while working I may have accidentally mixed the wrong compounds.." Quirin walked over to you guys and crossed his arms at Varian, "Varian, this has to stop." Varian hung his head, "I know dad, but I believe I'm really close to figuring out how stop those rocks!" Quirin rubbed the area between his eyebrows and scowled, "Varian, I told you to stay away from those rocks! There shouldn't be any misunderstanding or second thoughts! Now go to bed and stop!" Varian winced at his booming voice before looking down in defeat, "yes sir.." Quirin glared at (y/n) before storming back upstairs. (Y/n) sighed and turned to Varian, who appeared to be really hurt. She stroked his bangs out of his face, "Varian, don't worry about it. He just worries about yo-" Varian moved your hand and snorted, "oh yeah, he definitely worries about me..." he barged past her and walked up to his room. (Y/n) watched him leave sadly. She didn't like seeing him so..defeated. (Y/n) followed him up to his room. When she got up there, he'd locked the door to the room and refused to open it. Groaning, (y/n) walked back to the lab and sat down at one of the desks. Drowsily, she drifted to sleep.

***********
Once morning hit, Varian was wide awake and excited. He looked next to him and saw (y/n) weren't there. Confused, he tried to remember what had happened last night. Walking down to his lab, he widened his eyes when he saw (y/n) at his desk. He walked over and placed a hand under her cheek, staring gently. He now remembered what had happened and felt guilty. He should've let her in. Sighing, he shook his head and began to poke her awake. Groaning, (y/n) shook her head and blinked at Varian, "...is it morning?" Varian nodded and gently caressed her hair, humming to himself. (Y/n) yawned and stood up, nearly tripping over air and she made her way to the stairs. Varian widened his eyes and ran over to help her. He sighed, "you're weak, did you not sleep good?" (Y/n) mumbled something to herself before looking at him while glaring meanly, "not really, being you locked me out." Varian pouted in frustration and pleaded with you, "I'm sorry! I really am, I was just...hurt last night." (Y/n) eased her gaze and smiled at him softly, "...it's fine." Varian turned red and shifted his gaze, "..uh... y'know that the Empyrean Showers are tonight, right?" (Y/n) widened and shook her head, "let's go see them!" Varian laughed and patted her head, "sure. We could also picnic with some ham sandwiches.." (y/n) grinned widely and grabbed his hand, "let's go!" Varian blushed lightly but agreed and took off with her.

********
They got to a high point on a hill and settled down. They laid down a blanket and set up their lunch. As they ate, dark crept around the corner as they waited. Finally, it was night. Varian and (y/n) laid down on the blanket and looked up at the sky, waiting. Sighing, (y/n) stared at the bright stars and then turned to Varian, who was already staring at her. Varian widened his eyes and looks away in embarrassment. (Y/n) grinned softly and sat up and looked at him, "y'know, you're an amazing person." Varian sat up and stared at her confused, "..thank you?" (Y/n) stared blankly before being interrupted by something shooting across the sky. Varian gasped, "they're starting!" (Y/n) looked up and watched in awe as dozens of balls of light began to fall from the sky. Varian turned his sight to (y/n) who was still hypnotized by the sight. He placed his hand on hers and moved closer to her. She didn't look down but he got nearer before grabbing her chin. He gently moved her face into a kiss . (Y/n) widened her eyes and stared in shock, but soon relaxed and held the kiss as the lights fell. Releasing, they stared at each other for what seemed liked ages. The sky was no longer lit up and both teens stared at each other exasperated. Varian sighed and laughed to himself, "..s-sorry." (Y/n) grinned and punched him in the shoulder, "don't be." Holding hands, the two grabbed their things and trekked down back to Varian's place.
***********
As time passes by

I live with regrets for the rest of my life

Those I trusted with all my heart

Left in the black of night

With no regrets or a single doubt
************