Chapter 2

Warning ⚠️; ¡Offensive Slurs!

John trudged down the midnight black streets of the Night, not even bothering to hide his bad mood. His best friend just ditched him for a girl- who happened to be a Light! And even if he doesn't want to admit it, he was a little jealous. He still had some feelings left for Alex, but never told him.
"Aw, look at crybaby Jackie!"
"Not now Charlie." John kept his steady pace, not wanting to deal with the daily assholes that live in the Night with him.
"Hey, see your faggot boyfriend isn't with you- heard he ditched you for a girl!" That made John stop cold in his tracks.
"Don't. Use that word."
"What word faggot?" John turned around and pinned his harasser against the brick wall of the closest alleyway. Charles Lee. John realized the mistake he made once he saw the smirk on his face.

Thomas Conway and Levi Weeks ripped John off of Lee and punched him multiple times in the gut. John swung at Thomas, hitting him square in the jaw and knocking him back. Levi pushed him roughly against the wall, John hitting his head hard on the brick. Levi punched him in his face three times before John threw a punch back and kneed him in the abdomen, pushing him away. Thomas advanced toward him but John threw another punch, giving him a black eye, and another one giving him a bloody nose. Charles came up from behind him and held him in a choke hold.
"You're gonna fucking die alone- you don't belong here. You're a faggot- say it." John shook his head, struggling to get a breath.
"Say it!" John didn't say anything. Charles threw him to the ground, John gasping for air. The three kicked him hard multiple times before leaving him in the alleyway.