Chapter 6

Present~

"Margarita and Elizabeth Schuyler!" Peggy turned around calmly and waved.
"Heyyyy Angelica!" Peggy greeted cheerfully.
"Not gonna help Peggy. How many times do I have to tell you guys not to come here?"
"Angelica, I know you're trying to look out for us but we can do whatever we want" Eliza said, crossing her arms.
"All I'm doing is what Mom and Dad told me-"
"Angie, Mom and Dad didn't tell you shit and you know that. All of what we learned in school about Shadows is fucking bullshit too so let it go" Eliza cursed. Angelica put her hands on her hips, Peggy smiling.
"Little Liza's cursing, would ya look at that. They're a worse influence on you than I thought-"
"Um, excuse me but Peggy over here is a pretty bad influence" John said nicely, budding into the conversation.
"I think your definition of 'bad' is different from mine" Angelica said back.
"Oh really? So I'm guessing that you're thinking that we think stealing and fighting is fine, right? That there's no use in rules?"
"Exactly."
"Well, for your information, we think that's bad and immoral-"
"Congratulations, you get an award for being good." Angelica rolled her eyes.
"-but would you rather do nothing and probably end up in a hospital or die of starvation or would you fight back and steal food? Hm?"
"You could, oh I don't know, get a job and buy food and walk away from fights? Be responsible and be the bigger person in the situation?"
"Don't y'all have bullies and assholes over there- I mean besides you."
"Wow. I finally see what you see in him Peggy. He's feisty. Well then, let's go."
"No. Not yet." Peggy spoke up.
"You two are gonna apologize to each other."
"Peggy-"
"No. John, you don't have the right to speak to my sister like that, and Angelica, you don't have the right to one, boss me around and two, talk to my boy- John like that" Peggy said, last minute correcting herself. Both Angelica and John rolled their eyes.
"I'm sorry Angelica" John deadpanned. Angelica didn't respond.
"Angie" Eliza said in a warning tone.
"Fine. I'm sorry John-"
"And to Alex too" Eliza added.
"Why, I didn't insult him?"
"Actually, you did. Called me a bad influence and shit" Alex added.
"Ugh, I'm sorry Alex. There, happy?"
"Yes, yes I am."
"LITTLE LION, JOHNNY, YOU'RE DEAD!"

"It's James isn't it?" Alex asked John.
"Yup."
"Who's James?" Eliza asked.
"James Reynolds, ultimate asshole and is pretty crazy. Can't say to much because we gotta go- nice meeting you Angie." John and Alex sprinted away, James close on their heels. Thomas Conway, Charles, and Levi were behind him.
"You think they'll be okay?" Peggy asked, concern and worry displayed on her face as she watched them run into the darkness.
"...I don't know."

Rebels of the NightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara