Chapter 10

~One week later~

{I miss you so much babe}
{I know you do😉}
{wow john- maybe not as much as I thought}
{I was kidding😅 I miss you too pegs}
"Gosh I wish there was a way I could see him."
"Simple, just face time" Eliza said walking by while eating grapes.
"Nobody asked you Liza."
"Just saying man." Peggy put her phone down on the couch and turned to Eliza.
"Do you ever wonder why we can't cross the Fence? Or touch a Shadow or anything like that?"
"Who doesn't wonder that? We've been accepting things the way they are for too long."
"Well, what the hell are we supposed to do?"
"Whatcha girls talkin' about?" Philip Schuyler, their Dad (of course), walked into the room. Both of the girls looked at him, then to each other, an idea sparking between the two.

~Two weeks later~

"President Washington?"
"Come in Lafayette." Lafayette opened the door.
"How did you know it was me?"
"You're the only person I know with a French accent. Now what is it Lafayette?"
"General Schuyler is here." Washington looked up from his presidential papers to the doorway where Philip stood.
"Come in, come in. Take a seat." Philip walked in and took a seat in front of the desk. Laf took a casual lean on the back of George's chair.
"It's been a while. What did you want to address Schuyler?"
"Why can't we cross the Fence? Or touch a Shadow?" Lafayette tensed up, the question taking both by surprise.
"I don't know General."
"Be honest George."
"I am General. All they tell you when you become president is to never tear down the Fence and never have anyone make contact with a Shadow. Why? Something that dates long ago. I don't know General, why do you want to know?" Philip cleared his throat.
"Well, you see my daughters-"
"Which ones?" Lafayette interrupted.
"Peggy and Eliza. They..."
"Spit it out General."
"They've fell in love with two Shadows." Lafayette almost fainted.