Chapter 3

"One question before I go" Eliza said. Alex nodded, telling her to continue.
"What are those dark glasses you guys wear?" Alex raised an eyebrow in confusion.
"Sunglasses? You don't know what they are?" Eliza shook her head.
"Well, it's too bright for us to see sometimes so we got sunglasses, which makes it dimmer for us."
"Oh! That's cool!"
"Yeah. Maybe I can show you them sometime- I left mine at home."
"That sounds great. Nice meeting you Alex."
"Nice meeting me too- I mean you too!" Eliza laughed lightly as she walked away. Alex skipped all the way down the street, before finding John sitting up against the wall of an alleyway.

"John, what the hell happened?!" Alex and John were now in their apartment, John on the couch. He looked away from Alex, annoyed.
"Cmon man, don't be mad at me now." John still didn't respond.
"Fine." Alex left the room and came back with an ice pack and a bottle of water. He threw both to John and went to his room, John sighing and thinking of where to put the ice pack first.

The next two weeks John and Alex haven't been talking to each other. John was pretty much living on the couch, only getting up to eat or use the bathroom. Alex, on the other hand, was either writing or going out to the Fence, meeting Eliza by their spot, their spot being the willow tree. Over those weeks Alex and Eliza have grown fond of each other, learning more than what any school could've taught them.

"Cmon." Alex waited at the doorway. John looked at Alex from his spot on the couch, raising an eyebrow.
"You're coming with me."
"And why?"
"Because you have no life, now cmon loser." John hesitated, but slowly stood, wincing. He followed Alex out of the apartment and all the way to the Fence, Alex helping him from falling. John had some horrible bruises on his legs and abdomen, but couldn't do anything about it. He had a black eye like Conway's, so he had worn sunglasses.
"Why the fuck are we here?" John asked Alex once they got to the willow tree.
"Can't you be a little nicer?"
"Dude, I feel like complete shit. This is me being nicer." Eliza cleared her throat, making her presence clear.
"Hello" she greeted John. John didn't say anything. Alex sighed.
"Eliza, this is John. John. Eliza. And this is her sister Peggy." Peggy stood silently beside her sister, looking down.
"...yeah no. I'm going back home" John said, trying to turn around by himself. Alex stopped him and turned him back towards the girls.
"No, John. Stop being a fucking asshole." John rolled his eyes, which the girls couldn't see behind his sunglasses.
"Don't roll your eyes at me" Alex said.
"Gosh, you sound like my fucking mother- or Herc." Peggy cleared her throat this time.
"Right, sorry guys" Alex said to the girls. He turned back to John.
"Peggy's the one we saw on the street that day- remember?" John nodded slowly.
"This is her. Now you two talk and get acquainted." Before John or Peggy could object, Eliza and Alex were farther down the Fence, engrossed in a conversation.
"Well, uh, no offense to your sister or you but I'm mentally flipping her and Alex off right now" John said.
"Don't worry, I am too."
"Yeah? So is Peggy short for something or?"
"Margarita" Peggy said, her voice barely a whisper.
"Well, I think that's a beautiful name." Peggy blushed.
"And is John short for Johnathan?"
"Hell no- oh sorry, I curse a lot."
"I don't give a flying fuck" Peggy responded smiling.
"Flying fuck? I like it."
"I use it all the time."