Chapter 9

"John. John?! John!" Peggy clasped her hand over her mouth.
"They're not okay- what the fuck are we supposed to do?" Peggy paced back and forth, tears welling in her and Eliza's eyes. Angelica walked up the the Fence, scanning the faces.
"Hey you!" She called out. A man in a beanie looked and walked over.
"Yes?"
"Do you happen to know a John and Alex?" The man nodded.
"They're in trouble."
"Ugh, not again. What kind of trouble? I'm Hercules by the way" he said somewhat flirtatiously.
"There was a group of guys that chased them and one of them was named James." Hercules' eyes went wide and he sprinted away and down the street, looking for them. Angelica walked back to her sisters.
"A guy named Hercules is gonna find them- a friend of theirs I think."
"Thank goodness- Wait, I hear something" Peggy said, putting the phone on speaker.
"Shit shit shit shit." It was another female voice. There was coughing.
"John, you awake?" A male voice.
"No no no- Maria go" John said hurriedly, fear evident in his voice.
"I'm trying to help-"
"James is gonna kill us if he finds you with us- please go." John was begging, and you could tell he was crying.
"I think you should go." It was the male voice. There was an uneasy silence before there was the sound of steps running away on the pavement.
"John, can you walk?"
"Do you think I would be laying on the fucking ground if I could? Think Burr, think."
"Mental note; more pain means more annoying."
"Shut up. Help Alex first- I think they got his hand." There was a bit of shuffling.
"Damn" Burr cursed. There was a gasping sound, then coughing.
"Alex, Alex- can you walk?"
"W-what the fuck happened to my hand? Where's John? What the fuck happened?"
"Alex, shut up for once and stand up." There was more noises as the men supposedly stood up.
"What the fuck!" Hercules ran up.
"Carry John to the hospital, Alex and I can walk." There was more shuffling, then someone cried out in pain. John again. The group was walking now. On the slow ass journey to the hospital.

"What the fuck happened?" Hercules asked.
"So according to James, Alex fucked Maria, so James threatened us and, ya know, beat the shit outta us" John said weakly.
"The fucking bastard stabbed my hand- how the fuck am I supposed to write?"
"You can survive without writing Alexander" Burr said.
"You're complaining about your hand and then there's me. He fucking stabbed my leg and then turned the fucking knife and you're complaining about your hand-"
"I blacked out- did that seriously fucking happen? Damn."
"Herc, why the fuck are you smiling?"
"I'm sorry man, I know shit just went down but you're missing a fucking tooth. You sound like a fucking second grader." John hit Hercules' arm.
"...all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth yeah my two front teeth. All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, so I could wish you merry Christmas" John sung quietly, every word said with a lisp making them laugh.
There was a silence before Peggy spoke.
"John?"
"Shit! Herc!" Herc almost dropped John, startled by the voice.
"Peggy? How long h-have you been on the phone?" John asked.
"I don't know, fifteen minutes."
"Oh." Angelica took the phone from her little sister's hand.
"Hey John. I'm sorry." There wasn't a hint of remark in her voice.
"You too Alexander."
"Wait, is this the girl that stopped me?" Herc asked out of nowhere.
"At the Fence? Yes."
"Guys, she's the one that told me you guys were in trouble."
"Thank you so much Angelica" John said, Alex thanking her too.
"Eliza, I'm sorry. I'm an idiot. I'm so sorry" Alex said, realizing she found out that he cheated. Peggy looked over to her sister, pain in her eyes. She spoke for her.
"Guys, make haste to the hospital. And try not to like bleed out. Save your breath and stay alive."