Chapter 13

~Present~

"Hey, y'all ain't sinnin' in there, are ya?" Alex asked in an obnoxious Southern accent, his eyes closed as he walked into the hospital room. Eliza lightly giggled and steered him away from the wall.
"Boy if you talk like that again ima smack that smile right off yo face" John said annoyed, his real southern accent slipping through.
"Woah, what's up with the sudden southern accents my dudes?" Peggy asked laughing a bit.
"Jackie boy here didn't tell you that he's from the South Carolina?" Alex said in the over exaggerated accent.
"Ain't you lucky that I cain't move" John said.
"You're from South Carolina? Why'd you never tell me that?"
"Never really came up in conversation" John answered.
"Did Alex ever tell you he's from the Caribbean?" John asked Eliza l, changing the subject.
"No, no he did not."
"Wait, John, South Carolina's apart of Day. You're a Shadow..."
"...yup. Guess you want me to explain, don't you?" Peggy nodded.
"Should I go?" Eliza asked, unsure if it was okay for her to hear this.
"You're fine Liza." John began to explain.
"You see, I was actually born a Light. The whole thing about 'you're born a Light or a Shadow' and shit isn't true. Well, completely true. You can either be born one, do something so selfless or immoral that you change into the other one, or in my case it doesn't show until you're a toddler or kid."
"How you know all this?" Peggy asked.
"I stole some books from a library and my dad's work study before I left. This whole Shadow Light thing interested me until like five years ago."
"Ain't there a lot o' secrets they keepin' from us" Alex said.
"Alex do you know how insultin' that is- you gotta use more contractions."

"Sir. Sir. SIR LET GO OF THE CHAIR." Thomas had King George's feet and was attempting to pull him away from the throne.
"But I WANNA RULE!" Thomas dropped his feet, George scrambling onto the throne.
"Mine!" He practically hissed.
"I'm done! I'm done! I quit!" Thomas stormed out.
"Cmon don't be like that! Tdog. Jeffy. Tommy. Thomas. Thomas" George called after him.
"Fine then! I don't need you!" George huffed. Thomas passed a red headed man in the hallway on his way out.
"Good luck" he said to him before practically running out of the building. The red head continued into the throne room confused, not at all prepared to see King George hugging his throne, tears in his eyes. George saw the redhead and straightened up.
"And who are you peasant?"
"Um, I'm Samuel the janitor. I was hired to clean this place before it was sold."
"Sold! My reign and existence has come to nothing" George said dramatically. Samuel laughed a bit, beginning to mop the floor.
"You're pretty funny. I like you."
"Really?"
"Yeah. What's your name?" It just occurred to George that this Samuel didn't know who he was.
"Frederick. Frederick George." 

A/N; Sorry if I offended any southerners by this chapter- I don't know anything. I just used some shit I got from another book I read in class. That's all