Chapter 18

Thomas tackled Charles, the bullet missing its initial target.
"What the- Jeffershit!" Thomas pinned Charles to the ground and threw the gun.
"For the last fucking time-" he said, punching Charles in the face and jaw over and over again.
"It's Thomas Jefferson!" The last punch knocked Charles out. James ripped Thomas off of him and up to his feet, stabbing him twice before he heard gunshots. Thomas stumbled backwards into a wall, sliding down into a sitting position and coughing violently.
James dropped the knife and put his hands up, easily surrendering to the authorities.

One week later~

John woke up suddenly, his heart rate speeding up.
"Where's Charles? The fuck am I?" He looked at the clock. 3 am. He looked over to the left side of his hospital bed and saw Peggy asleep in a chair, her head resting on his bed. Slowly, John calmed down. He shakily took his left hand and brushed a loose hair from her face and kissed her forehead, falling asleep.

"Peggy, Peggy. Wakey wakey." John nudged Peggy gently.
"Five more minutes" she tiredly said, her eyes still closed.
"Shorty, get up."
"John, let me sleep- Wait JoHn!" Peggy sprung up and hugged him.
"Ow, ow, ouch- Peggy!" Peggy quickly released the hug.
"Oh I'm so fucking sorry John."
"It's fine. W-where's Alex?" John asked, afraid of the possibility of him...gone.
Peggy stood up and walked to the right side of his bed and pulled open the curtain, revealing the other half of the room. There was Alex and Eliza, Alex currently throwing up into a trash can.
"Please close that." Peggy closed it.
"Why's he hurling?"
"They drugged him and he's been like this all week."
"Oh. Where's Thomas?" Peggy raised an eyebrow.
"Ya know, Thomas?"
"Who's Thomas?"
"Tall, Southern dude with big ass hair" John described him.
"Oh that guy. He's in a different room somewhere- I think down the hall."
John exhaled, relieved everyone was alive. Peggy sat on the side of his bed, John putting his arm around her.
"Where are they now?" John whispered.
"Locked up and long gone. You don't have to worry anymore babe."
"This would be a fantastic moment to end a chapter if Alex was fucking throwing up in the background."
"Yes, yes it would be-"
"WhErEs THE FUCKING NURSE!"
"Alex I think you broke the button."