Chapter 11

~One week later~

"Sir, President Washington is on the line."
"Ugh, what does he want."
"To talk to you."
"No duh dipshit- make another comment like that and you're fired Terry-"
"It's Thomas sir."
"Sure, whatever Jeffershut. Just forward him through." Thomas rolled his eyes, glad he was in a separate room from his boss. He did as he said, then simply set his head down on his desk.
"Sup Washing machine!"
"King George, can you please act more professional."
"I thought we were friends George."
"...no."
"Ugh fine. What you call for?"
"We can tear down the Fence."
"George. Your age is getting to ya. You're going crazy."
"We're the same age-"
"Do you need to go to a nursing home?" Washington sighed.
"For real though, are you crazy? We can't do that."
"Yes we can. I did a hell of a lot of research and we can. There's nothing holding us back. Nothing will go wrong."
"Well then, I get to rule over the new nation, correct?"
"No."
"What do you mean no?"
"If you haven't noticed, you're not doing a very well job keeping Night together and your subjects safe."
"...so."
"We'll just go by democracy, and after the rest of my term is over, we'll let the citizens decide who'll serve next as the leader."
"I declare war! I wanna rule!"
"No one's going to fight for you and you know that."
"I know."

~Two weeks later~

"And guess what Pegs?"
"What?"
"They got a fucking tv in here! It only gets Judge Judy but that's good enough."
"Dude that's awesome! Judge Judy's the shit."
"I know right. What you do babe?"
"There's like a meeting down by the Fence- President Washington And King George is here."
"Weird. You and Alex better give me all the details."
"With the way Alex writes, you know you're gonna feel like you were here."
"True."
"I gotta go babe. I love you."
"I love you too." Peggy hung up right as Washington began to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen of Day and Night. We have all been living in a lie. A scandal."
"Just get to the point washing machine."
"You know I don't have to take orders from you King George."
"If you won't say it, I will. Hey, we're tearing this fence down. It's bullshit." Washington facepalmed but nonetheless nodded, agreeing with the other George.
"From this day on, we can live together."
"And sadly, I cannot rule as your king-"
"Thank goodness!"
"We hate you!"
"Eat my ass King George!"
"...there goes my self esteem." Lafayette walked up to Washington with two mallets, Thomas doing the same with King George. The two gave one of their mallets to their leader and swung at the Fence, tearing it down like the Berlin Wall. One nation at last.