Staring Contest || Draco Malfoy

It was Potions with Gryffindor and Slytherin and he was staring at her again

It was Potions with Gryffindor and Slytherin and he was staring at her again. Hermione was always getting stared at and she didn't even notice. Draco Malfoy the one person she utterly loathed couldn't seem to stop staring at her.

     My friendship with Hermione was no secret, well it was at first. It started with me coming up to her in and asking for her to tutor me.

~A flashback brought to you by The Marauders~

      "Granger, I have a favor to ask of you." I said while slowing sitting next to her in the library.
      "No." She simply said without looking up from her book. "You haven't even heard what I was going to ask." I pleaded. "I don't need to," she said putting her book down "You're most likely just like the rest of your house, willing to do anything just to hurt someone else." I could feel a slight rage washing over me but it quickly subsided when I remembered what I was doing there in the first place.
     "Please, I'm nothing like the rest of those twats." I said, a small sigh escaping me before continuing. "I'm actually here to ask if you could tutor me." I looked expectantly at her now, trying my hardest to prove to her that I was sincere. "Tutor you?" She said a bit taken back. "Yeah I'm not exactly the best at remembering things and it's really hurting my grade in potions. I figured that since you seem to always know the answer to every question that's ever asked in that class that maybe you could help me." I moved my gaze to my fidgeting hands waiting for a response.
     "Fine." She said as you looked back up to her face, a small smile spreading across my own. "There may be a few missed lunches or weekends at hogsmade but if you really want me to tutor you that's what it's going to cost." She said in a slight monotone voice. Though a slight smile crept onto her face. I began to smile and nod my head furiously. "Oh thank you, I was afraid you would say no and I would have to ask Snape!" A small laugh escaped her as I stood up and collected my things. "Thank you Granger, it means a lot" I said while slinging my bag onto my shoulder.
     "Please Y/N if I'm going to tutor you the least you can do is call me Hermione." She said while grabbing her book from before. "And I expect you here tomorrow while everyone is at hogsmade for our first session Y/N." She said looking back into her book. "Thank you Hermione, I'll see you tomorrow then." And with that I left.

     From that point forward Hermione and I had a growing friendship, going from merely exchanging hellos in the hallway to sitting next to each other in class.

~An ended flashback brought to you by Harry's scar~

     Hermione was one of my closest friends and I couldn't live with myself if she ended up being hit on by Draco Malfoy because I didn't stop it. I was determined to figure out why that stupid platinum haired, grey eyed, handsome git was staring at my best friend all the time. He was basically the embodiment of every muggle stereotype of a vampire, the only thing was that he only sparkles when in the sun.
      I saw Hermione becoming slightly perplexed as to why her potion wasn't reacting correctly to the ingredients. I took the opportunity to check if Malfoy was staring at her again when she asked Harry a question.
       He was. It made me extremely confused as to why he does it in every single class the three of you had together. Only in class as well, outside of class he acts as if he hated her, always ready to give some snarky remarks or call her a mudblood. It was quite annoying and soon enough I let my curiosity get the better of me.