Passing Notes pt.1 || James Potter

NEWT level Muggle studies

NEWT level Muggle studies. It was an odd class but easy, more of a blow off really, most people only took it because they knew it was easy to pass and any NEWT level class looked good on a job application. I didn't know many people in that class, it was the only one that wasn't devised into two houses, something about making the class more like how muggles learn, or something like that, the only thing that I knew about it was it had Remus Lupin and James Potter in it. They caused trouble with their jokes and seemed to be the only form of entertainment we would ever get in that class. Our Professor was going over tools that muggles use for things they do in everyday life, most things were the same, like soap and teeth brushing but the one thing that stumped us, well most of us considering there were a few half-bloods in the class, was the concept of pencils and pens. The fact that ink could come out of a source and not need a quill to be dipped into an inkwell and how with a pencil they had lead within the center of a piece of wood and you could fix mistakes that you made with it by flipping it around and using the little rubber type thing, an eraser is what they called it, and get rid of marks was incredible. Of course I wasn't surprised when some of the half-bloods had constant sniggers at the rest of our amazement. I also wasn't surprised when I saw the two marauders pocketing some of the pens and pencils. Though our professor had offered to let us use the items in class very few of us actually took him up in the opportunity.

"Miss L/N, could you please tell me what's inside of a pencil? It seems as though you've been drifting off during the lesson." I wanted to say 'well you're the professor aren't you supposed to know' but I knew I would definitely get a detention for it.

"It was lead but in recent years it's been changed to graphite for health reasons." I replied smugly. I may have been drifting off but that didn't mean I wasn't completely listening.

"I see that you've proven me wrong then Miss L/N. 10 points to (Y/H)." Sweet. "Now I know that tomorrow is the weekend so have fun but please remember that on Monday you will not be needing to wear your robes, dress comfortably in whatever makes you feel the most yourself, we will be going over how individuality is conveyed in muggle society and schools, class dismissed.

Finally.

I could feel myself almost fall asleep in that class multiple times. It was 6th year and because I decided in my 3rd that I would be a model student and take advanced classes I had a free period, then lunch, and then another free period.

Nap time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a review day in charms, no notes needed, lucky me. But potions was a different story, we were learning about some of the different points that been created to help with the affects of lycanthropy. There were so many notes, I just knew my hand would cramp up by the end of it. As I pulled out another paper and started to write on it I noticed my sentence had disappeared. I pulled out another paper and wrote on that one, nothing happened, it was normal. That's when words started forming on the other page.