Life || Harry Potter

this one is kinda sad so just a warning

They say life flashes before your eyes whenever you die

But mine didn't.
It consisted of some memories, all of them good and containing one thing.
Him.
The wonderful boy that I wanted to grow old with, now I guess I never could.
I had memories flashing through my mind, not life.
I had the first I love you.

The astronomy tower, one of the only places that could be romantic and possibly uninterrupted. It was after a storm, the air still smelled clean like rain and the sky was clear giving you a perfect view of the stars. So of course, he and I were there, simply sitting and slightly leaning on each other. It was perfect. His arm around my waist and my head on his shoulder, I thought that nothing could make that moment better but I was proven wrong once he murmured something in my ear.

He spoke quietly even though it was just us and I couldn't exactly hear him.

"Harry you were mumbling, can you say that again please?" I asked softly while shifting my body to look him in the eye.

"I said that you're amazing and um... well... I- I love you." His eyes were soft and his cheek supported the Gryffindor red.

A small laugh escaped my mouth before I mocked him. "Um... well... I- I love you too Harry."

He let out a breath of relief before planting a sweet kiss on my lips.

It was a perfect night.

I don't know why it was just memories, all of them were good so I didn't mind.
There were others as well but most didn't matter that much.
One was our first date.
Another was when we officially became a couple.
There was when he saved me from a taunting by Malfoy.
Our first slow dance.
But then there was one of the most recent ones.
One that happened not to long ago.
Him telling me to stay safe.
Telling me to stay alive.
His last I love you.
His last kiss.
Him.

Harry and I were in a tent, dancing for no reason to any song that we heard and at some point it turned to slow dancing to no music at all. War was upon us and we knew it, we knew it was dangerous and that some way or another one of us was going to get hurt. Harry always had a way of attracting danger, it was inevitable he would get hurt somehow and he knew it, his main concern was me. While we danced he would sometimes say things about how he wanted me to stay safe or how much he loved me, giving me short and sweet kisses in between. It was wonderful, we still had hope.

Soon some of my final memories passed.
The last being him being declared dead.
I could hear everything from where I was.
Bleeding on the ground surrounded by rubble.
I couldn't hold on long enough to hear that he was alive.
I couldn't hold on long enough to catch bits and pieces of Neville's speech.
Once I heard he was gone I realized I had nothing left to live for.
No living family anymore.
Not many friends.
Just him.

They say life flashes before your eyes when you die.
Mine did.
It consisted of memories.
Memories of him.
He was my life.