Thunderstorms || Ronald Weasly

Storms

Storms. It had been storming for three days now, thunder and lightning taking over the sky like it was a territorial war. Outside classes were canceled, along with quidditch. Worst of all the hogsmeade visit was cancelled. It seemed as it the entire castle would shake whenever there was a flash of lightning or a grumble of thunder, of course the castle was protected with charms and spells so nothing could be harmed.

Unlike most people the constant storms gave me a sense of calmness. Some of my friends thought I was crazy, how could someone be so calm with all the constant ruckus of a storm.  I had a history with storms, a good history I might add. The night I was born there was a colossal storm, the day I got my Hogwarts acceptance letter there was a small storm, Ron asked me on my first date when there was a storm, my sisters engagement happened during a storm along with her wedding that was luckily inside. Storms and I have always gotten along so I never had any reason to hate them, maybe I was crazy but I didn't care.

Any meal time was my favorite during a storm, the ceiling of the great hall seemed to dance with raindrops and the thunder was the waltz, lightning flashed and everything became brighter than before, it was beautiful.

There was another crash of thunder and it was almost louder than the sound of the owls that were delivering letters if they were late from this morning. A little one landed in front of me. Pig. Of course, whenever Ron wanted to do something cheesy he always sent Pig, it was adorable really.

Ron had asked me out over the summer between our fourth and fifth year and right now it was the nearing the end of sixth year. I don't think I could have asked for a better two years. There have been ups and downs but it's been perfect in my eyes.

Y/N, meet me by our tree after dinner. Bring some rain boots.
~ Ron

Oh Merlin I love him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner couldn't come soon enough, nor could it end soon enough. So many questions raced through my head as I was trying to figure out what Ron was planning. He knew about my love of storms, but I couldn't quite figure out what he was try to do.

Soon enough dinner ended and I rushed up to my dorm to change my shoes into some rain boots and I quickly snuck out to our tree to meet Ron. My magic umbrella keeping me dry enough but Ron was soaking wet. I couldn't manage to contain my laughter.

"You're all wet Ron!" I giggled.

"But you're not, are you going to let be all soaked by myself?" He smiled.

"I suppose that would be rude." I laughed as I put my wand away. "Why did you want to meet me here Ron?"

"Am I not allowed to spend time with my favorite girl?" He smiled as I stepped closer to him.

"I suppose, but why in the rain?" I asked while leading the two of us further under the foliage of the tree.

"Because I know it's your favorite." He said sheepishly and took my hand.

I smiled up at him as he gave my hand a light squeeze. "So that's it then, you wanted to see me, outside, in the rain, for no reason at all?" I still had questions and he wasn't answering any of them.

"If you don't like it then we can go inside." He said, his features growing solemn and a bit sad.

"Ron I love it. It's quite romantic actually." I laughed out and grabbed his other hand.

"I'm glad." He smiled. Oh that smile could melt me into a puddle.

"Is there anything else you wanted to do while we were out here Ron?" I asked. He seemed like he had something on his mind.

"Dance with me." He said while pulling me closer to him.

"Okay." I smiled. He was making one of my dreams come true.

To those who might have seen us outside it looked like we were insane, but honestly I don't think either of us cared. We were together, dancing in the rain, not a care in the world, and it was perfect.

"Hey Y/N" Ron mumbled in my ear as we were dancing.

"Mmhmm." I hummed back.

"I love you." He murmured a bit quietly as if he was scared of my reaction.

A small gasp escaped my lips as I tore away from him a bit so I could see his face. A smile spreading and my eyes lighting up as they met his. "I love you too Ron."

A look of relief marked his face along with a smile. "Oh thank Merlin, I don't know what I would have done if you didn't feel the same way." He laughed out.

"Well you shouldn't have to worry about that, I'm pretty sure it was impossible for me not to love you." I smiled

Storms have always meant something good for me, my point still stands. He and I continued to dance for about another ten minutes, just him and I taking in each other's love as the rain slowly died down into a drizzle.

A perfect ending to a storm.