Colors || Fred Weasley

Warning: sad?? Idk it's sad there's death but you already know that don't you

They say when you meet your soul mate you gain your ability to see color. So when I come face to face with two seemingly identical twins during my fifth year, I got a bit confused with my newly found skill. Which one was my soul mate? Was what I was silently asking myself before one of them spoke.

"Can you see it to then? Or am I just imagining things." He asked with a crooked grin and a mischievous glint in his eye.

I smiled. "Yeah I can see it too."

"Allow me to introduce myself then. The names Fred. Fred Weasley." He grinned.

I giggled at his sarcastic formality. "Y/N. Y/N L/N."

"Well I guess that this means we will be seeing a lot more of each other then, Y/N." He said as his brother poked his side, possibly as a reminder that they were in the middle of doing something.

"I guess it does," I laughed, "so I'll see you around Fred Weasley."

"Same to you Y/N L/N."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Through the coming months I spent more time getting to know Fred. Learning plans, secrets, the shortcuts the boys use. I also grew closer to his other siblings and even got invited to the burrow for Christmas in 6th year.

I decided to stay for the rest of my seventh year and eventually helped the boys with the shop. Managing orders and supply lists while they developed new products and made sure to sell everything they could. The shop was what I considered my hope for everything to turn out alright, because even in the darkest times there can be a time for light and laughter.

I loved Fred, I really truly did and I was glad that he was my soul mate, I don't think anything could have made me happier. We were a perfect balance. When he needs it I bring him back down to earth and when I need it he helps me float away a bit, he always knew somehow when I needed it too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We always knew War was coming. It was inevitable, that's why I joined the order. Fred tried to stop me, he begged me not to, saying things about how it was too dangerous or making excuses that someone needed to take care of the shop while he and George were gone. I knew he was only trying to keep me from getting hurt but someone had to look after him and keep him from doing something absolutely bonkers.

But war was here, and we were both ready to fight. We took the hour we had and used it to our advantage, setting up traps and fighting anything that came our way. But we got separated in the chaos.

There were the colors of spells, jinxes, hexes, and curses, the whole nine yards flying around me. The different colors illuminating the world around me, flashes of red or green mostly. Screams and muffled curses could be heard coming from every direction but the one thing that stood out was laughter. The laughter of an all too familiar man and it gave me the slightest bit of hope that all would be alright.

But the laughter stopped, and so did the colors.

The ringing in my ears being louder than my screams of pain, I never saw the flash of light in front of me. I never saw the same person who stood above him now standing above me, above to kill the second half of the same soul. I never got to say goodbye.