Similar || Remus Lupin

I had gotten bit over the summer

I had gotten bit over the summer. It was hard for my parents to comprehend at first but sure enough they found a way to make sure everything was okay. I had gone through three transformations so far, each one as painful as the last. My father said he was going to kill the werewolf that did it if he ever found them, I simply told him to not make threats he couldn't go through with. I was more worried about what would happen when I got back to Hogwarts than I was with my fathers useless anger. How would this affect my schooling? Would I even be allowed to attend anymore? Would people figure it out? Should I even tell anyone? More and more questions started to swirl around in my head as I tried to sort out answers. It was no use, I would just have to wait. Luckily there was a full moon the week before I had to leave for school to return for my sixth year. I had time.

——————————————————

I figured it would be easiest if I spoke to the headmaster during the weekend, so that if I was kicked out of school at least I would have the rest of the day to pack and wouldn't have to worry about class.

Wandering the halls I would think about how the headmaster would react. He always seemed like a kind man, I wasn't sure if his kind demeanor would change when he found out. Even if I wasn't thrown out of school, would I lose my prefect badge? I never asked to be bitten, it was never my fault.

I was finally pulled out of my thoughts when I found myself standing in from of the gargoyle that guarded the headmasters office. Muttering the password I had asked for earlier in the week I watched as the gargoyle moved to reveal the spiraling staircase that lead to the office. This was going to be a lot of walking.

I had finally made it to the top of the stairs, it was a lot of stairs at that, stopping at the end to catch my breath from all the steps. A small part of me wanted to just run back down to the bottom of the stairs and try to deal with it on my own, or even bang my head against the wall and hope that this was all just some weird dream that had dragged on for ages. I knew better. Finally gaining a slight composure I went to knock on the headmasters door, it opened on its own.

"Professor?" I called quietly, party trying not be heard.

"Come in Miss L/N." He called back. It was now or never.

I walked into the room, trying to seem as calm as I could. From the expression that came across his face I seemed to be failing.

"I believe there was something you wanted to talk to me about Miss L/N." His words were calm and soothing, maybe this wouldn't as bad as I had thought. "Whenever you're ready."

"Yes- um Professor something happened over my break from school." I avoided his eyes, looking to my fingers where I was picking at my nails.

"Would you like to talk about it Miss L/N?" I finally met his eyes, he was concerned, maybe my worst fear wouldn't come true.

After a few calming breaths I slowly explained what had happened over the summer. He never interrupted me, he only listened. I had no idea if that was a good thing or not.